• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Grad. gift for ex. g.f.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An ex. with whom I still keep in touch is about to get her PhD. I'm thinking of buying her something. not being particularly flush, Mont Blanc pens are out of my reach.
Ideas?

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
An ex. with whom I still keep in touch is about to get her PhD. I'm thinking of buying her something. not being particularly flush, Mont Blanc pens are out of my reach.
Ideas?

Why would you get somebody a Mont Blanc pen? It gets lost easily and is little more than a name on something that functions on the same every $3 pen out there. She'd probably like an LV bag a bit better. What's she interested in? Functional tends to trump symbolic in terms of actual appreciation.

impolyt_one

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
el oh el. Give her the pipe and tell her to pay your bus fare back.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Why would you get somebody a Mont Blanc pen? It gets lost easily and is little more than a name on something that functions on the same every $3 pen out there. She'd probably like an LV bag a bit better. What's she interested in? Functional tends to trump symbolic in terms of actual appreciation.

MB pens seems to be common grad gifts here.
WHy would anyone buy an LV bag? Aside from the obvious vulgarity, it would qualify as being out of range financially.

I was seeking sensible, affordable suggestions.

bbhewee

Reaction score
A nice moleskine or leather notebook cover...

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
keep it impersonal, get a gift card to Starbucks. The lower the better.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ideas?

You only keep in touch with her or are you bffs now? Congratulate her on achievement by phone. Bffs write her a card doing the same and take her out to dinner/lunch to celebrate.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MB pens seems to be common grad gifts here. WHy would anyone buy an LV bag? Aside from the obvious vulgarity, it would qualify as being out of range financially. I was seeking sensible, affordable suggestions.
This place is full of a bunch of pretentious, wannabe James Bond twats that completely obsessed with status. A Mont Blonc pen works exceedingly well for that. I was merely pointing out that your average lady would value a bag over pen if you want to get in to name brands. She's your ex- you should know her well enough to have some idea of her interests. Give an idea and then it's easy to work from there. Something that shows you actually know her and put some thought in to it that she can use will mean more than a generic grad gift. Edit- how close are yall?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
This place is full of a bunch of pretentious, wannabe James Bond twats that completely obsessed with status.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Your avatar is awesome.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Penor in a bow!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
^ Your avatar is awesome.

wurd!

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
keep it impersonal, get a gift card to Starbucks. The lower the better.

Good suggestion.... for Italy.

A decentish notebook sounds nice.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.