• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GQ's Most Stylish Men in America Agree or Disagree?

Deluks917

Reaction score
t first I thought Glenn looked kinda bad but thinking about this thread his was the only picture I remembered.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Rappers I'm surprised they didn't put Common, Jay or Pharrel on the list.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they did not want to pick Andre 3000 for like the sixth consecutive year.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
70fe9212-999f-0237-4e6a-d2b5c4d1ca41-life_fb_MTVMovieAwards08_TI.jpg

The definition of ill-fitting, .... midget.

TI raps about his inability to wear tight jeans (right? or is that some other guy?)

I think the correct term is 'little person'

keep it up forreal, non-pc talk is awwwwwwwwwwwwesome!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To be fair to TI, he has worn decent to good clothes at times.
He just isn't consistent with it.
00002v.jpg
ti-music-w08.jpg

kevin-lyles-ti-and-dj-drama.0.0.0x0.400x286.jpeg

ti_l.jpg

ti_gq1.jpg

ti_gq4.jpg

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
also, i don't think glenn o'brian is so great. every pic hes in hes just wearing some vintage hermes tie, his belgian slippers, and that blackwatch raincoat. although i probably wouldn't mind him that much were it not for the boneheaded things he writes in his blog.

Even though I disagree with many things in his blog, I think he justifies himself well.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheFusilliJerry
that pic maybe, but thats just because gq told him what to wear. he always wears baggy clothes, and i disagree that he looks better than most here. case in point(second time i've used that expression today):

Originally Posted by XenoX101

The definition of ill-fitting, those jeans make him look like a midget.

So he does not dress good because his style is different from yours? There is more than one way to wear jeans and if you think he looks bad because his jeans are baggy than I assume you think all those baggy pants in the runway and blogs like the sartoralist are horrible. No?

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/statusainthood/ti_l.jpg
http://celeb.wohoo.co.uk/wp-content/...y-birthday.jpg
http://www.music.com/artist-images/a..._bio_image.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, not at all, please don't assume like that. The difference between TI wearing jeans three sizes too big with enough stacking to make a second pair and the 'baggy' pants posted on the sartorialist is that such baggy pants fit properly on the natural waist, or only marginally below or above and they don't stack anywhere near to the extent of this fellow here, in other words they still fit. TI's jeans don't fit in any way, shape or form so it just looks sloppy. As for those links, the first and third fits of his that you posted look decent, the middle one is too costumey.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^bp, the fit on those jeans is terrible. The proportions are terrible, super exaggerated, it just creates a ridiculous silhouette that looks bad and doesn't make any sense. See how his legs look like half the length of his torso? I suppose this could be done so that it looks good, however this is not a good example.

Baggy pants in high fashion, on runways, and in the Sartorialist photos look nothing like this, sorry dude. The guy looks good when people have him dressed up a certain way, but this fit is just bad. I can see how people may be inspired by his style and image to a point, but I dunno. That picture is terrible but it is just one picture.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The difference between T.I's type of baggy jeans and high fashion baggy is whatever you want it to be. We assign values to this things until one has the prestige and hype of the fashionistas on it's side and the other has the gangster rapper connotation. i like T.I's fit just the way it is, even If I don't wear jeans that baggy. i guess some view hip-hop style as less stylish than the other major subcultures. I simply don't think that's the case.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, and perhaps you're right to a certain extent, but you can't just go around saying everything is relative you know what I mean? I guess what I'm trying to say is the concept and idea is fine in it's own right, I have nothing against urban fashion like this, a lot of designers say they are very influenced by that kind of thing, but I just don't think this is executed well. I could be wrong.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
So he does not dress good because his style is different from yours? There is more than one way to wear jeans and if you think he looks bad because his jeans are baggy than I assume you think all those baggy pants in the runway and blogs like the sartoralist are horrible. No?

I don't think all baggy pants look bad, but baggy jeans do. The clothes are way to big, that hat on the side of his head looks stupid, and he just doesn't know how to dress himself. It's obvious when he picks out the clothes and when gq/his stylist does it.

Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
^bp, the fit on those jeans is terrible. The proportions are terrible, super exaggerated, it just creates a ridiculous silhouette that looks bad and doesn't make any sense. See how his legs look like half the length of his torso? I suppose this could be done so that it looks good, however this is not a good example.

Baggy pants in high fashion, on runways, and in the Sartorialist photos look nothing like this, sorry dude. The guy looks good when people have him dressed up a certain way, but this fit is just bad. I can see how people may be inspired by his style and image to a point, but I dunno. That picture is terrible but it is just one picture.

+1 what I was trying to say, but better. denim doesn't look good all baggy like that.

Originally Posted by blackplatano
The difference between T.I's type of baggy jeans and high fashion baggy is whatever you want it to be. We assign values to this things until one has the prestige and hype of the fashionistas on it's side and the other has the gangster rapper connotation. i like T.I's fit just the way it is, even If I don't wear jeans that baggy. i guess some view hip-hop style as less stylish than the other major subcultures. I simply don't think that's the case.

It's not that some elements of the style are bad, I'm just not a fan of the bagginess. I just think T.I.(like most everyone else on this list) doesn't deserve to be there, because they aren't picking out any of thier own clothes. They pay someone to do it. Then again, I guess I don't blame GQ, because it's gotta be hard to find a well dressed celebrity without a stylist.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
didn't you guys listen to the album? He has a split personality disorder. There's TIP the badAZZ gangster that lived the lifestyle that allowed him to become famous, and then we have TI his safe Hollywood self. He dresses depending on who he is for the moment.

Here for anyone who doesn't know
(T.I.P)

man meet me at the mirror man

hurry up

come holla at me

NOW!!

(T.I.)

man dis **** is fucked up man

(T.I.P.)

oh bout time

(T.I.)

ladies and gentleman I apologize for the confusion

(T.I.P.)

what the ****..**** dem man you better holla at me

(T.I.)

see if you called back trap muzik you had a problem once before

(T.I.P.)

meet me at the mirror man, come to the mirror

(T.I.)

I thought we had dis **** under control though u know what I'm sayin

(T.I.P.)

nah home boy man I told yall I was gonna let you do this **** for a minute

(T.I.)

nah man hold up man I'm talkin can u see?

(T.I.P.)

man you can't shut me up man I got it from here on out

(T.I.)

man it's obvious that we can......

(T.I.P)

we doin this **** my way now

(T.I.)

man this dude is impossible

man why can't you just talk about what the ***** wrong wit cha

man why can't you just say what the **** on your mind man

quit all dat actin out

(T.I.P.)

man talkin don't do mua fuckin good man

man dis **** got way outta hand now

(T.I.)

man I understand all dat grub man but look though man

all you gotta do is ride out

(T.I.P.)

ride out ****** dat what got my mutha fuckin partna killed man

(T.I.)

man you think I meant for that **** to mutha fuckin go down?

dog you think I would hold da keys like dat?

(T.I.P.)

it don't matter what the **** you meant to happen

(T.I.)

I mean all in all bra I told you do it my way and that wouldn't had happen

(T.I.P.)

man doin it your way is what got us here right now

(T.I.)

so what you sayin

(T.I.P.)

what the ****, you heard me say *****

yall out here man yall on T.V, flossin wit your Hollywood

mutha fuckin outfits and. bra I ain't wit dis **** home boy

(T.I.)

well ******* den cuz you know every mutha fuckin thing

(T.I.P.)

nah I don't know everythang but I know bullshit when I see it

(T.I.)

man

(T.I.P.)

yall be tryin to mutha fuckin put me on front of every mutha fuckin

camera lights

(T.I.)

da **** you mean man? what you talkin bout?

(T.I.P.)

ay look you need me partna man

(T.I.)

you need me

(T.I.P.)

There wouldn't be none of dat King of The South **** if it wasnt for TIP

(T.I.)

man TIP your ass get us locked up every chance you get if I let you

(T.I.P.)

if you let me? you see what the **** I'm sayin man? how the **** you let me gonna do somethin? ay look man I'm sick of you and these other hoe ass rappers out here.

yall can kiss ******. you can tell em I said that. fake ass niggas.

(T.I.)

man I'm done talkin to you.(glass breaks) go back to your song

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics