1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

GQ Topcoat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigo, Aug 13, 2006.

1. bigo

bigo Member

GQ has a fall essential list and one of these is a knee length top coat, I was planning on grabbing one of these last fall but decided not to, anyways the ones pictured are both over 1K, is there any cheaper alternatives? Perhaps <$500, I would actually like to get two, a black one and lighter tan/khaki/brown one. Any help is greatly apperciated.

2. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

If you can't wait for the winter clearance sales in January, RL Polo or Banana Republic should be looked into. Saks, NM and Barneys might have sometime under $1k. Filene's Basement and the outlet malls should have overcoat by September. The may be deals on ebay because it's summer. However, in January you might be able to pick up an Oxxford or Loro Piana Storm System for under $1k.

3. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

GQ has a fall essential list and one of these is a knee length top coat

Best to be a bit leery of GQ's recommendations and those coats can be a tricky fit for most physiques.

4. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

Well, GQ can be a bit overzealous with the fashiony shit (like any fashion magazine), but most of the coats I've seen in it are pretty classy. You do have a point though. Most of those very fitted coats are intended only for average to slender body types.