• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GQ Best-Dressed in Britain 2011

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Always amusing, sometimes interesting: Slideshow and list: http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/style/a...tain/2010-2011 Top of the list:
12AJohnson_GQ_31aug10_SimonEmmett_320.jpg
Your thoughts on the list? As usual, I thought there were a lot of decent inclusions, and a few shockers. (International Best Dressed went to Javier Bardem, more details here)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these lists are a joke its like peoples 50 most beautiful people its more about celebrity than actual ability to dress well. this is also why everybody wants to wear black suits everyday. when you are at an awards show wear the black tux not when you are shopping at the gap

#35 is ridiculous look at the bottom button of the shirt and #26 is 10 years old

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
meh.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That list was depressing. Even the mediocre dressers on WAYWRN are miles ahead.

DStew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
That list was depressing. Even the mediocre dressers on WAYWRN are miles ahead.

Right on. And nobody on this list even dresses themselves. The guys on the WAYWRN actually pick and pay for the clothes themselves (for the most part).

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
26_rbeckham_gq_best_2010_15dec10_pa_b.jpg

wasnt this list for men....

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ That one did raise an eyebrow. He's a real-life Ken doll for his mother to dress.

Graff, Finch, Nighy, Winstone and Grant and some others were very worthy inclusions though.

Who is Plan B, by the way? I'm feeling lazy to google. I'd guess rapper with that name, but he doesn't really look the part, so I assume he must do something else...?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ah, c'mon, Elton John? Sheesh. This list reads like the US ones: celebs, sports stars and miscellaneous VIPs who are just dressed up for the red carpet.

Of course, a few look great. And my fave is Mr. Ferry and not just because he wears SF-approved classic suits and soporific ties (or is very talented), but because he's got swagger. And I believe he always dresses well. He's not just wearing a suit for a press conference.

ferry_gq_15dec10_pr.jpg

There were a few others. The two dudes on the couch. Nice monochrome suits, but a little too stiff. Also the guy from Frankie and the Furnaces. Cool casual style. And Jarvis Cocker, he's always natty.

Also I did not know Tom Ford was now British.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good God who has time to go through the 50 best dressed men? Distill it to ten ... I might look.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
korny!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads