• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got Tossed Out of a Shoe Store in HK

why4009

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Well I just got back from my trip to HK. One of the objectives of the trip was to get a pair of shoes made that looked like these.

why4009

Reaction score
I looked up some of the shops that were mentioned here, but went into this store and liked some of the work it had done. I also liked the color of the leather. I have included some pics of the leather that I used and how shoes the ended up looking.

I was disappointed in the appearance of the shoe, but they felt good, but one of the shoes had a black spot on it. The owner tried to rub it out, scratch it out, and polish it out. But it wouldn’t come out.

I realized that if I would wear these, I would be upset wearing them because of the spot and how it did not resemble the picture (I printed it in color and gave it to him). So I offered to just buy the belt I asked him to make (I brought an old cordovan belt that I wanted him to copy) and asked for the rest of my deposit back. He took the belt threw it to the side and gave me my full deposit back and said “Get Out!” just like in the movies. My mother and I were a bit stunned but I was happy to get my deposit back and a lesson learned.

The shoes, a matching belt, and the copy of the cordovan belt was HK2065, which is around $260 bucks or so. I had a much better experience with Jantzen, which will be posted a bit later when I am a bit more rested (just got back less than 24 hours ago). I was able to bring back 28 swatches for those who are interested.

I got tossed too quickly to get a better picture of the spot (there was also one on the side of the shoe). But my Mom noticed it also.

The store is called A. Beauty Shoes Co. located in the Mirador Mansion.

Why4009

why4009

Reaction score
One pic of the store (I took it when I first ordered the shoes, thinking people would want to go there after my excellent experience).

The other pic is of the finished product.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Count your blessings; those are some fugly shoes.

16520Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
Vass?

More specifically, Vass Old English Medallion in antic cognac on a wide U last.

Excellent choice!

Doc4

Reaction score
You wanted the shoe ... but got the boot.

satorstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doc4
You wanted the shoe ... but got the boot.

lol8[1].gif

why4009

Reaction score
Who ordered these Vass in U last wide?

If you search the shoe Appreciation thread you can find the person, I took the picture from there.

16520Man

Reaction score
Who ordered these Vass in U last wide?

Me:

Vass04.jpg

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool painting in the background of the first photo.

Yes, those were some ugly ass shoes. You're better off. I got all excited to read bespoke dress shoes for only a couple hundred dollars, then I saw the pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads