1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Got some RRDG today

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Jul 6, 2006.

1. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

I got the RRDG I'd ordered from Barneys today, and so far so good. I got an inch bigger than my RRDS (all they had, and they feel smaller than the selvage), and so far seems so good. I like having the RRDS to leave dark and un-distressed (will wash them after they stretch a little more, to have that monotone, true blue) and these to be my first project pair. I think the RRDS makes a better dressier jean, while these are great for every day, beat up. But I can experiment a little with them, for only $79.

2. DNW

DNW Stylish Dinosaur

That's a good deal. How did you order those RRDG?

3. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

That's a good deal. How did you order those RRDG?

I saw them at the store in Beverly Hills, but only in a 33 or 38 waist, so I just started calling all the stores. Finally found them at Chevy Chase.

4. dhamm

dhamm Well-Known Member

Awesome!! I just called the Chevy Chase store and got a 33x34 RRDG for $79 + $12 shipping. What a deal. How long did they take to arrive DGP? These will replace the Flare Glenns that I got that are waaaay too tight.

Thanks for the info about the sale.

5. quid

quid Senior Member

where is chevy chase??

im looking for a pair of slim sven in 31x32 and american rag told me 2 weeks wait. i live in LA by the way.

6. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

Awesome!! I just called the Chevy Chase store and got a 33x34 RRDG for $79 + $12 shipping. What a deal. How long did they take to arrive DGP? These will replace the Flare Glenns that I got that are waaaay too tight.

Thanks for the info about the sale.

I am impatient, and forked over the extra $6 for the second day shipping. They arrived right on schedule. Depending on where you live, I would guess about a week or less.

7. dhamm

dhamm Well-Known Member

They only offered me next day shipping for an extra $30, I probably would have spent another $6 for second day.

8. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

They only offered me next day shipping for an extra $30, I probably would have spent another $6 for second day.

When I've ordered from a store, it's always been $12 for ground, $18 for 2nd day, and either $25 or $30 (but total, not added to the cost of ground) for overnight. But, think about it this way: it'll take 6mos for the jeans to be really broken in, and you'll have two more beers this weekend than I will [​IMG].

9. dhamm

dhamm Well-Known Member

When I've ordered from a store, it's always been $12 for ground, $18 for 2nd day, and either $25 or $30 (but total, not added to the cost of ground) for overnight. But, think about it this way: it'll take 6mos for the jeans to be really broken in, and you'll have two more beers this weekend than I will [​IMG].

I like the way you think, now if I could keep it to only two beers....

10. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

I like the way you think, now if I could keep it to only two beers....

Oh well, I broke down too, called my bank, and financed three extra beers [​IMG].

11. dusty

dusty Distinguished Member

Just got a pair of RR in New Used for $89 from the Georgetown co-op. Thanks DGP!

12. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Distinguished Member

That's DC for you: ignoring quality clothing so the rest of the country can benefit!

I have to say, the staff at both DC-area co-ops are great, very helpful without being sales-y or obsequious. Glad to hear people are having good experience -- though sad to hear that the RRDG I bought for $120 were marked down further.

13. Joffrey

Joffrey Stylish Dinosaur

Chevy Chase is in Maryland about 10-15minutes outside DC

I guess you could look on the BArneys site or call the La store and purchase it through them (theyd send it in for you)

14. sygyzy

sygyzy Distinguished Member

Do you guys think the Barney's Co-Ops still have some left?

15. DGP

DGP Distinguished Member

Do you guys think the Barney's Co-Ops still have some left?

All you can really do is just call all of them. There aren't that many, maybe a dozen or so, after which you can always start calling the regular stores (whose co-op sections are usually smaller). Because their inventory locator doesn't update very often, that is really the only way to figure it out. Will take less than an hour, and I imagine that, for most of us, our hourly rate is worth less than the difference between full price on those and the $79 BNY has them for [​IMG], especially on an evening or weekend. If not, I want your job [​IMG].