• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Got some Gap 1969 jeans today. Need advice.

amd123

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
I tried the various fits and the straight fit seemed the nicest.
The guy who helped me was an awesome denim head and I loved his taste in fashion.
He told me how their store didn't carry the LTD selvedge and the few they did have were delivered as mistakes (they had 4 pairs, 1 32 waist, and 3 36 waist
...if only they had 34).

Hmm...I usually wear 34x30 or 34x32.
Should I go with a 36x32. I mean it is selvedge so it will shrink right?

Also, the two jeans I did get were the straight dark coated wash (is kinda rigid, i don't know if it's dry, almost a resiny wash) Will this fade and shrink?

Lastly, the other jean I got was a straight indigo 1969. Will this fade as well and shrink much?
 

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 2, 2010
Messages
1,586
Reaction score
27
Originally Posted by amd123
I tried the various fits and the straight fit seemed the nicest.
The guy who helped me was an awesome denim head and I loved his taste in fashion.
He told me how their store didn't carry the LTD selvedge and the few they did have were delivered as mistakes (they had 4 pairs, 1 32 waist, and 3 36 waist
...if only they had 34).

Hmm...I usually wear 34x30 or 34x32.
Should I go with a 36x32. I mean it is selvedge so it will shrink right?

Also, the two jeans I did get were the straight dark coated wash (is kinda rigid, i don't know if it's dry, almost a resiny wash) Will this fade and shrink?

Lastly, the other jean I got was a straight indigo 1969. Will this fade as well and shrink much?


The selvedge has nothing to do with whether or not the denim shrinks.

The GAP denim won't really shrink, nor will it stretch considerably (at least mine don't).
 

amd123

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by johnH123
The selvedge has nothing to do with whether or not the denim shrinks.

The GAP denim won't really shrink, nor will it stretch considerably (at least mine don't).


good, it will fade and crease and honey comb right?
 

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
1,381
Reaction score
123
Originally Posted by amd123
good, it will fade and crease and honey comb right?
Not very well. Mine's finally showing a little bit of creasing/streaks after about 5 months, nothing like my RRLs. If you want that, you need to look elsewhere.. :/
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,830
Messages
9,459,785
Members
198,247
Latest member
TL2215
Top