1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Got scammed on Ebay

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Zenny, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I never use eBay anymore.. got scammed SELLING a laptop for $1700 a couple years ago.

I've gotten scammed selling stuff a few times. \t[​IMG]

Seems that with each step I take to prevent it, they find a way around it and I need to take yet another precaution in my future sales.

2. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

As I learned in a 1968 episode of "Dragnet", people get scammed because they think they're getting a deal or getting over in some fashion. You will never, ever get over. Even the "thrill" of getting over is dead in me.

3. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I've gotten scammed selling stuff a few times. \t[​IMG]

Oh, you're from Wayzata. You can afford it.

[​IMG]

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

As I learned in a 1968 episode of "Dragnet", people get scammed because they think they're getting a deal or getting over in some fashion. You will never, ever get over. Even the "thrill" of getting over is dead in me.

I found what I consider good deals on ebay quite a few times. I mean it's hard to argue against the Lobb bespoke pair I got for under $200...

5. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Oh, you're from Wayzata. You can afford it.

[​IMG]

Still, it's the principle of the thing [​IMG]

6. Corniche

Corniche Senior member

How does getting out-smarted by a black man make you feel?

When I phoned him and listening to his raper voice ( he was a raper already ) I thought to myself, I´m goona be smart alecked by this guy... I wasn´t wrong.

7. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

When I phoned him and listening to his raper voice ( he was a raper already ) I thought to myself, I´m goona be smart alecked by this guy... I wasn´t wrong.

[​IMG]

8. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

Update: My friend initiated a chargeback, the bank said they'll "see what they can do" and paypal is as usual non-responsive.

9. centrix

centrix Senior member

seriously why wouldnt that person think its a scam... patek for $1000...

10. dsgNYC

dsgNYC Senior member

Update: My friend initiated a chargeback, the bank said they'll "see what they can do" and paypal is as usual non-responsive.

If the chargeback goes through, won't PayPal be on the hook for the money? That would seem like a good enough incentive for them to get their asses in gear. Maybe your friend needs to let PayPal know exactly what's going on.