Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Got scammed big time on eB*tch.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NewToDress, Apr 3, 2013.

1. NewToDress

NewToDress Member

Hey guys, I am a new poster here on sf. I have a problem with my buyer recently and I'm currently disputing with this fckin buyer.

Last week, I listed a few items on ebay and there was one buyer won three of my items. The guy/girl paid via paypal. The order totaled about $3000. There were two pairs of really rare Nikes and one pair of JL (worn twice). I shipped them with signature confirmation and insured the full amount. As soon as this person received the package, he/she opened a case with pp saying that the content was not described. He/she claimed to received 3 used pairs of Adidas. Of course, I sent pp the pics of everything.

What can I do here? PP said the pics proved that I have the items, not that I shipped them. What's the protection for seller in the case like this? I shipped to a confirmed address, and this scammer has 50+ something feedbacks. He/she lives in New England and I live in San Diego. I lost my faith with the authorities already since they won't even want to hear my story; "Its a civil matter, I'm sorry."

I've tried the lawyer, but he wanted $1500 retainer fees. I asked him if it's 100% guarantee to recover the money, he said it's hard to prove, but he will try. I never go back again.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013

2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

What does your dispute with Ebay, PayPal and your customer have to do with Styleforum?

3. Ivar

Ivar Senior member

4. NewToDress

NewToDress Member

I need an advice, and I think that you guys might be able to help.

5. biged781

biged781 Senior member

You have now encountered the most ridiculous and obscenely easy to exploit loophole in ebay's/PayPal's system. If the buyer says that the item is "not as described" there is pretty much jack-all you can do about it. Given, this is coming from testimonials from others and articles I have read, not personal experience. This is the article that I remember being very good at describing the problem: http://codenerdz.com/blog/2012/12/03/think-of-selling-on-ebay-using-paypal-think-again/

6. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

as much money is at stake, it might be worth flying out to pay him a friendly visit.

7. smflagg

smflagg Member

For $3,000? Catch a plane and go meet in person to get your items back or solve the problems.

8. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

what are the links to the ebay items you sold?

:lurk:

9. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

ok. I'll learn along with you. :lurk: