• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got My W.W. Chan Suit Today

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My W.W. Chan suit was waiting for me when I got home this evening. I should have preferred slightly more waist suppression, otherwise extremely satisfied. My major complaint is that it is so good that it makes me want to donate about half the suits I own to charity.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Congratulations, Jan. I'm sure it must be fun to get it. Would it be possible to take it to Chan for some slight alteration on the waist suppression? On the bright side, maybe you can have an extra dessert.
wink.gif

marc37

Reaction score
Congratulations Dr Jan.

ls it possible for you to post pictures of you wearing the suit?

Regards: marc_au.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
if you dont mind my asking, how much did it cost you, and for what?

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that WW Chan will do minor alterations for free--they offered to take one of my suits back to HK to have the trousers altered, but I didn't have them do it. Certainly you can fine tune the cut on future orders.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They don't go to Palm Beach, only to "Plam" Beach.
smile.gif
They post their touring schedule on their website well in advance (usually up to a year ahead of time).

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Stu @ Jan. 25 2005,12:56) Did you order on the November tour? Â And in what city? Â I ordered on the November tour in Palm Beach, so I'm wondering if mine is forthcoming also...
Chan was in Palm Beach? When was this? Jon.
Patrick and the other guy were in the Hilton on Ocean Drive in Palm Beach on Nov. 15 or so. It's that hotel that is just about 50 yards north of that park that belongs to the city of Lake Worth. They go to Palm Beach every November, and Miami Beach in March.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In reply to some of the questions and comments:

The suit was their November special: $845 for a 2-piece from Loro Piana Super 120. Mine is in midnight blue. And, yes, I did order it on the November tour. I had requested, if possible, delivery by the end of January so that I could wear it to the S.H.O.T. Show, the major trade show for the firearms industry.

Unfortunately, Marc, I have neither a scanner nor a digital camera, so I can't post. More's the pity.

Retronotmetro, you were the first to strongly urge that I consider Chan, and I want to thank you very much for that tip. When I read some of the horror stories on this board, not just about lower-level Hong Kong tailors like Raja, but even very respected names in bespoke tailoring, I am all the more pleased with the quality and service I got from Chan. I doubt if I'll send the jacket back to Hong Kong unless Mr. Chu insists when I see him again in a couple of months. It's a little more "sack-ish" than I'd like but far from egregious.

AlanC, I might relish your suggestion about the extra desserts (pun intended). Unfortunately for that pragmatic and pleasurable suggestion, the waistband of the trousers is much too well tailored to my actual waistband for me to get away with that "remedy."

Thanks for all the good words, gentlemen.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In reply to some of the questions and comments:

The suit was their November special: $845 for a 2-piece from Loro Piana Super 120. Mine is in midnight blue.
I think I might have ordered a very similary fabric. Mine was a dark navy from that Loro Piana special. I really can't wait to get my suit now. maybe tonight it will be on my doorstep so I can take it out and play with it when I get home.

tteplitzmd

Reaction score
I have used Chan for more than 15 years, and they are happy to adjust, alter, the only cost is to send it back, they'll alter and return it to you with no problem. In fact, I have found they prefer to do any follow up work on their goods, which I think speaks to the seriouslness with which they take their work.

It is important that their pattern reflect the most recent correct fitting. Every garment has a unique number, but they go by their most recent version of your paper pattern. Sometimes I will ask them to cut the jacket to allow, for example, my wearing a sleeeless sweater, etc. and they make the change only for that garment. They are very interested in your being happy with the goods.

uriahheep

Reaction score
Does WW Chan do CMT? If they do, how much do they charge for CMT for shirts, jackets, pants, vests, tuxedos, overcoats etc?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's CMT? And they're quite prompt in returning emails if you want the definitive response. www.wwchan.com. dan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads