• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got my Two-Tone Corneliani Back from the Tailor (Pics)

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Haha. Yeah, I'm really happy with my tailor. He's an old Italian guy from Naples who learned his tailoring there (has a cool certificate from some tailoring house in Naples on the wall). The biggest difference-maker is that he did something to the upper shoulder area and down the middle of the back that gets rid of that roll I always seem to get under the collar. He also took out a lot of the extra material in the middle of the back to give it a more fitted look.

I also asked him about his custom program. He said that he does 3 fittings, including a basted fitting and that his suits are all canvassed. He makes the custom suits in house. I guess you could call that bespoke.

Nice suit, pants are a little long for my taste, maybe a half inch to 3/4 inch higher. Could you post how much your tailor charges for his suits and
have you seen any examples? Also, is he in New Jeruse?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Nice suit, pants are a little long for my taste, maybe a half inch to 3/4 inch higher. Could you post how much your tailor charges for his suits and
have you seen any examples? Also, is he in New Jeruse?

I got the pants made shorter than usual (instead of having them come to the top of the sole of the shoe i had them cut about .5" higher than that), just for some reason in the picture they look longer than they are (maybe I had the pants riding lower than I usually do).

I haven't seen any examples of suits from my tailor (actually, I'm going to ask him to show me some samples next time I go) because I don't plan on getting a custom suit until September. I looked through some of the fabric swatches. I think he charges in the area of $1500 for a suit in a 140s fabric and maybe $1300 or so for a suit in 120s fabric. I'm not sure if he does or how much he charges for CMT. Also, things like working buttonholes and whatever might be extra.

Also, the shop is in Clifton, NJ.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I got the pants made shorter than usual (instead of having them come to the top of the sole of the shoe i had them cut about .5" higher than that), just for some reason in the picture they look longer than they are (maybe I had the pants riding lower than I usually do).

I haven't seen any examples of suits from my tailor (actually, I'm going to ask him to show me some samples next time I go) because I don't plan on getting a custom suit until September. I looked through some of the fabric swatches. I think he charges in the area of $1500 for a suit in a 140s fabric and maybe $1300 or so for a suit in 120s fabric. I'm not sure if he does or how much he charges for CMT. Also, things like working buttonholes and whatever might be extra.

Thanks, $1300 sounds interesting and if he does CMT, it could be a good value. I am sure I can make my way to Clifton, I just need to find my passport
smile.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Odor, I'm a sucker for the two-tone effect. I'd love to see that suit in person.

Perhaps at the next SF NYC event
smile.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Odor, I'm a sucker for the two-tone effect. I'd love to see that suit in person.

I agree! Two-tone fabrics like this one have a real vintage quality to them that I love.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice!

StyleFreak

Reaction score
Great suit. Best value for the money. Nieman Marcus in Denver is having their last call sale on right now and I just bought 3 Corneliani suits, 2 Jakets, and 3 slacks. I can't wait to have them tailored.

kali77

Reaction score
Odor,
The suit looks stunning!! The fabric and twotone look much better in your pics than on the STP website. I am so glad I have this suit in transit to my zipcode
smile.gif
The tailoring looks wonderful as well
thumbs-up.gif

Gene

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic Corneliani fit. Strong shoulders, elongated body. I love that look but the fit doesn't work for my body very well, unfortunately. It looks fabulous on you and your tailor did a great job.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Holy crap man, need more info. $1300 if he gives real Neapolitan tailoring in Jersey f'n rules.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the fabric closeup is fantastic. so the two-tone, actually refers to the pinstriping, not the fabric base color being tonik/sharkskin. sharp!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads