Got my Two-Tone Corneliani Back from the Tailor (Pics)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by odoreater, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Very sharp!

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Haha. Yeah, I'm really happy with my tailor. He's an old Italian guy from Naples who learned his tailoring there (has a cool certificate from some tailoring house in Naples on the wall). The biggest difference-maker is that he did something to the upper shoulder area and down the middle of the back that gets rid of that roll I always seem to get under the collar. He also took out a lot of the extra material in the middle of the back to give it a more fitted look.

I also asked him about his custom program. He said that he does 3 fittings, including a basted fitting and that his suits are all canvassed. He makes the custom suits in house. I guess you could call that bespoke.

Nice suit, pants are a little long for my taste, maybe a half inch to 3/4 inch higher. Could you post how much your tailor charges for his suits and
    have you seen any examples? Also, is he in New Jeruse?

3. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Nice suit, pants are a little long for my taste, maybe a half inch to 3/4 inch higher. Could you post how much your tailor charges for his suits and
    have you seen any examples? Also, is he in New Jeruse?

I got the pants made shorter than usual (instead of having them come to the top of the sole of the shoe i had them cut about .5" higher than that), just for some reason in the picture they look longer than they are (maybe I had the pants riding lower than I usually do).

I haven't seen any examples of suits from my tailor (actually, I'm going to ask him to show me some samples next time I go) because I don't plan on getting a custom suit until September. I looked through some of the fabric swatches. I think he charges in the area of $1500 for a suit in a 140s fabric and maybe $1300 or so for a suit in 120s fabric. I'm not sure if he does or how much he charges for CMT. Also, things like working buttonholes and whatever might be extra.

Also, the shop is in Clifton, NJ.

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I got the pants made shorter than usual (instead of having them come to the top of the sole of the shoe i had them cut about .5" higher than that), just for some reason in the picture they look longer than they are (maybe I had the pants riding lower than I usually do).

I haven't seen any examples of suits from my tailor (actually, I'm going to ask him to show me some samples next time I go) because I don't plan on getting a custom suit until September. I looked through some of the fabric swatches. I think he charges in the area of $1500 for a suit in a 140s fabric and maybe $1300 or so for a suit in 120s fabric. I'm not sure if he does or how much he charges for CMT. Also, things like working buttonholes and whatever might be extra.

Thanks, $1300 sounds interesting and if he does CMT, it could be a good value. I am sure I can make my way to Clifton, I just need to find my passport [​IMG]

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Odor, I'm a sucker for the two-tone effect. I'd love to see that suit in person.

6. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

Odor, I'm a sucker for the two-tone effect. I'd love to see that suit in person.

Perhaps at the next SF NYC event [​IMG]

7. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

8. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

I agree! Two-tone fabrics like this one have a real vintage quality to them that I love.

9. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

Looks perfect, I like the shoes too.

10. Homme

Homme Senior member

Very nice!

11. StyleFreak

StyleFreak Member

Great suit. Best value for the money. Nieman Marcus in Denver is having their last call sale on right now and I just bought 3 Corneliani suits, 2 Jakets, and 3 slacks. I can't wait to have them tailored.

12. kali77

kali77 Senior member

Odor,
    The suit looks stunning!! The fabric and twotone look much better in your pics than on the STP website. I am so glad I have this suit in transit to my zipcode[​IMG] The tailoring looks wonderful as well[​IMG]

Gene

13. Stu

Stu Senior member

Classic Corneliani fit. Strong shoulders, elongated body. I love that look but the fit doesn't work for my body very well, unfortunately. It looks fabulous on you and your tailor did a great job.

14. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Holy crap man, need more info. $1300 if he gives real Neapolitan tailoring in Jersey f'n rules.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

the fabric closeup is fantastic. so the two-tone, actually refers to the pinstriping, not the fabric base color being tonik/sharkskin. sharp!