• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got my first suit. I'd like some feedback

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't bother you but people will look at you as some "young" kid in a "modern" suit.

Too high of a stance and too short. Get a L.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im 21 so i have room for error. ill keep these suggestions in mind for when i buy my next suit as for this one ill go back to the store and see if a 38L fits any better and aks them if i can exchange it for the jacket i have now without the original tags

Philip

Reaction score

It doesn't bother you but people will look at you as some "young" kid in a "modern" suit.
Too high of a stance and too short. Get a L.

There is nothing wrong with this at all. How do you want a 21 year old to look like in a suit?

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that really doesn't bother you, then why did you ask for feedbacks?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really but you do not seem to be unduly concerned.

Wear shoes, if you have any, when asking for comments on a suit - they have a material effect on judging the trousers.

connor09

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It certainly looks good on you. Hope it feels even better.

sns23

Reaction score

the thumb/finger test doesn't really work as people have different length arms. I would say the button is too high on that jacket but other than that it looks good.

If i did it i would have suits like Steve Harvey.

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It certainly looks good on you. Hope it feels even better.

its a very comfortable suit. i love the details on it: button fly, surgeon cuffs and lining on the trousers that prevent them from bunching up.

i called CM and they said i can exchange it for a 38L, hopefully that will be a better fit. if it fits a little off ill just take it to a tailor and fix it up.

ill post fit pics of the pants with my shoes on later today

bluesman528

Reaction score

the thumb/finger test doesn't really work as people have different length arms. I would say the button is too high on that jacket but other than that it looks good.

The suit simply does not fit. The TS's jacket is not only too short, the waist of the jacket sits way above his own waist. That is not a matter of looking modern or young, it looks neither good nor as intended for a suit jacket. One is perfectly entitled to ignore this. But what is the point of wearing a suit without willing to understand its aesthetic concept?

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The suit simply does not fit. The TS's jacket is not only too short, the waist of the jacket sits way above his own waist. That is not a matter of looking modern or young, it looks neither good nor as intended for a suit jacket. One is perfectly entitled to ignore this. But what is the point of wearing a suit without willing to understand its aesthetic concept?

+1

cb_32

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i am not married though

Besides the jacket being a bit short I think the suit looks fine.
6241.gif

thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads