• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got my blood test back...

Newo

Reaction score
This will make me feel better about my 4x fried eggs sandwiches

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cashmoney
Not bad numbers, especially if you have a poor health/crappy diet/crappy lifestyle/****** genetic history.

But most docs would probably tell you to start getting those numbers down. I don't know how old you are, but those BP # are at the outer edge of normal and as you age they'll start to climb.

And docs now want TC much lower than 200. What's considered OK/normal/healthy keeps dropping. 159's not bad but I'd still get it down. Ditto your triclycerides -- get it under 100.

Can't tell you much about your CK #. I've had mine checked as part of looking at my kidney function but I forgot what the results were.

My genetic profile is a nightmare and my docs have put the fear of God into me about my numbers on these tests. So my scores are all much much lower.

Yeah, just as a data point -- at 40-ish, my doc is pushing me to get triglycerides down to 100 -- was about 135 a year ago, more recently at 111 or so.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Yeah, just as a data point -- at 40-ish, my doc is pushing me to get triglycerides down to 100 -- was about 135 a year ago, more recently at 111 or so.

Why? They are an auxiliary indicator, and I don't think they actually cause anything per se.

Cashmoney

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickshift
lol, you're so misguided.

Sorry, stick, but on this issue I r-e-a-l-l-y know what I'm talking about.

The OP's # are great if he's 60 and not being treated for anything.

If he's 20, they're scary. Or as the docs prefer to say when they deliver bad news, "suggestive."

But thanks for playing.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, stick, but on this issue I r-e-a-l-l-y know what I'm talking about. The OP's # are great if he's 60 and not being treated for anything. If he's 20, they're scary. Or as the docs prefer to say when they deliver bad news, "suggestive." But thanks for playing.
Okay, thanks, but I'll live my ****** unhealthy life and die in my footsteps.
sarcasm.gif
From this thread, you don't sound like you have a clue. Thanks for playing.

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Okay, thanks, but I'll live my ****** unhealthy life and die in my footsteps.
sarcasm.gif

From this thread, you don't sound like you have a clue. Thanks for playing.

+1

stickshift

Reaction score
Sorry, stick, but on this issue I r-e-a-l-l-y know what I'm talking about. The OP's # are great if he's 60 and not being treated for anything. If he's 20, they're scary. Or as the docs prefer to say when they deliver bad news, "suggestive." But thanks for playing.
First off, creatine kinase =/= creatinine clearance (You can't use the OP's CK measurement for anything considering HE JUST WORKED OUT...muscle cells contain creatine kinase, did you know?) BP of 124/80 is on the outer edge of normal? lmao As far as numbers go, you're getting your vocab. mixed up. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/...l/atglance.htm Thank YOU for playing, especially considering you're not a doctor.

Stavros

Reaction score
This thread is so reminiscent of (few) patients that will get offended upon delivery of bad medical news. Then they will question the doctor's judgement. Typical.

To the OP: do yourself a favor son and get that BP of yours rechecked. Your young age makes the possibility of hypertension less likely but not very unlikely. Even if you have hypertension (hopefully not), it is a treatable condition.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread makes me want to do a real live face palm.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you even ALIVE with those results?

lol8[1].gif

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the controversy about the BP? I thought there was pretty good consensus today that the prehypertension range is to be avoided, if possible.
eh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads