• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got into a fight with a sales associate

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in gucci killing some time and was looking in shoes. I asked an associate if all of their footwear (specifically bespoke) was made by sergio rossi. She said no, it's made by gucci. I said no it is not, designer brands tend not to make their own shoes. She said nope, we have our own factory. I said realllly? I know sergio rossi is part of ppr and they make most of your rtw shoes. She said this is gucci, we make our own. I said alright, great...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
I was in gucci killing some time and was looking in shoes. I asked an associate if all of their footwear (specifically bespoke) was made by sergio rossi. She said no, it's made by gucci. I said no it is not, designer brands tend not to make their own shoes. She said nope, we have our own factory. I said realllly? I know sergio rossi is part of ppr and they make most of your rtw shoes. She said this is gucci, we make our own. I said alright, great...

Next time STFU

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

was it a guy or girl SA?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Next time STFU
+1. Do you think that the kid who delivers your pizza knows where Dominoes sources their tomatoes? If I ever have "real" questions about merchandise at boutiques, I always speak to the manager. SA jobs are revolving doors; they tend to be far less interested in this **** than we are (after all, they don't even make enough to buy the shoes they are selling) and they tend to know/relate only the information they were given in training. She probably told you what she knew; they own the factory where they make their shoes. I wouldn't be surprised if she never even heard of Sergio Rossi.

Reaction score
and then what did she say? and what did you say? and then what did she say? oh no she didn't! so what did you say? zomg! no way. really? shut up!? and what did she say?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
was it a guy or girl SA?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
All this talk of construction and makers is interesting but somewhat dangerous if you lose track of what the important criteria is for buying shoes or whatever; does it look good. The SA might help you in that department and in the end it's what matters not which factory made it.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies

Jon-

This was not helpful. Don't you know that all sales associates are like boats in that they are generically are all called "she".

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
All this talk of construction and makers is interesting but somewhat dangerous if you lose track of what the important criteria is for buying shoes or whatever; does it look good. The SA might help you in that department and in the end it's what matters not which factory made it.
EXACTLY. This construction bullshit goes too far; it's a great way for you to end up with a bright orange frumpy Brioni jacket with zipper pockets... but it's BRIONI!!!! Forget that the Gucci jacket made you look like a million bucks... it was only HALF-CANVASSED (sacre bleu!)!!1!!1!!!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not only do you waste gucci rep's time, now you come here and waste our time. What are you doing next? Going to AAAC and posting "so I started this thread over at Styleforum about gucci and they reamed me hard"?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
Jon- This was not helpful. Don't you know that all sales associates are like boats in that they are generically are all called "she".
Hmmm. What I took from this is that most people dont really read what others write before commenting. Another thing that I thought interesting is that if a Sales Associate did that to a customer they would have been labeled as snotty and rude. Ahhh...the double standards of life.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
EXACTLY. This construction bullshit goes too far; it's a great way for you to end up with a bright orange frumpy Brioni jacket with zipper pockets... but it's BRIONI!!!! Forget that the Gucci jacket made you look like a million bucks... it was only HALF-CANVASSED (sacre bleu!)!!1!!1!!!

There's a guy in another thread asking if a Lanvin jacket is worth it at 1K, maybe someone should post the number of stitches by cm so he can decide if he looks good in it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads