Got into a fight with a sales associate

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by fcuknu, Dec 22, 2008.

1. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

If PPR owns Gucci and Sergio Rossi and the shoes are made in the same factory as Sergio Rossi and Gucci shoes....does that mean that Bottega Veneta makes their shoes?

[​IMG]

I think it means Stella McCartney makes them...

2. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

it's one thing to come out of SF knowing a little more to help you with purchasing decisions, but to then think you're much more knowledgeable than an SA and try to rile the SA up is nothing to start a thread about. what did you accomplish? You ended your tale with "..." i wasted 20 seconds of my life reading your post.

3. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

It used to be that every Gucci horsebit loafer, when finished at the factory, was packed in a large rubber balloon and swallowed by a Gucci family member who then flew to the US and then passed the shoe. This was to avoid customs charges.

This is why other styles of Gucci shoes came to be known as mules after the stylish though distended family members who carried them.

Now that Gucci is part of a larger conglomerate, I fear standards have slipped.

4. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

it's one thing to come out of SF knowing a little more to help you with purchasing decisions, but to then think you're much more knowledgeable than an SA and try to rile the SA up is nothing to start a thread about. what did you accomplish? You ended your tale with "..." i wasted 20 seconds of my life reading your post.

+1. I suspect there may occasionally be a smugness that creeps in from the knowledge, no matter how trivial, that we ALL glean from experience or though the likes SF or wherever. Take Vox's multifold tie thread from today for example. It was fantastic information, but sure hope nobody is going to start beating down SA's over seven-folds now. Sure, most here are more knowledgeable than the average SA, but generally IMO you should just smile and just walk away (rudeness is another topic, previously covered). Kind of like being a 4th degree black belt in a bar, right? Knowing you can clean the place out, and just being secure with that...until it's really time to unleash the Norris roundhouses.

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

cool bro you showed that bitch who's boss!!!!

*STYLEFORUM HIGH FIVE*

6. Metlin

Metlin Senior member

Well, it certainly beats Manouche's umpteenth poll on whether or not his E 400 watch looks good with dust inside it.

7. teddieriley

^^speaking about wanting to roundhouse somebody.

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

sometimes I go in to stores, even when I have no intention of buying, just to try to humiliate the sales attendants with my knowledge of men's clothing and production values. it doesn't matter to me that they're probably making $8 an hour and working part time between attending college classes, they better goddamn respect my umpteeth declaration that their fledling understanding of the science that is men's sartorial perfection is akin to a blind retarded baby attempting to solve fermet's last equation.

sometimes I like to mock them for what they're wearing - hah, you're working at gucci and your suit is probably off the rack from h&m. what bitch, you were too busy trying to study for that final to get your pants tailored to a perfect break? you don't even deserve the oxygen your poorly dressed ass is consuming - step the fuck back.

9. kulata

kulata Senior member

Next time STFU
    I concur

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

I am a styleforum member, you better watch the FUCK out. you try to tell me that construction could possily be secondary to aesthetic appeal? watch your fucking self, because you're about to get a 45 minute lecture about the merits of artisanship.

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

bitch please, you need to spend less time feebly working this bullshit gucci job and more time reading the best forum - the style forum. sometimes I like to sit down after a hard day at work or a few hours spent harassing ignorant peasants like you and get to posting with my e-buds. we fucking light that shit up - there's so many pixelated cell phone shots of berluti shoes that your world would be fucking blown WIDE OPEN. you ever heard of my boy portney? that's mr a portney to you, bitch, and he is a fucking connoisseur of the finest shoes in the world. you are lucky he isn't here today when you tried to bring your bullshit gucci game, or he would fucking have your ass fired. his annual shoe budget exceeds the GDP of some third world countries. oh, how do I know him? I don't NEED to know him - I live vicariously through his purchases on an anonymous message board.

12. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

^^speaking about wanting to roundhouse somebody.

You don't like it, the manouche?

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

look you pathetic clothing weakling, I was going to spend time with my family shopping for christmas presents, but instead I'm going to berate you like the fucking dipshit you are. the kids will understand; daddy has a sartorial calling

14. teddieriley

ummm...what is Teger's problem?