• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got bored at went to JAB

bjornb17

Reaction score
And found a shirt that i thought was nice. Fabric was nice and so was the collar (spread). Traveler's Tailored Fit. Got home at put it on, and it reminded me why i stopped going there. I'm 6'1 215 lbs, by no means skinny, and it is freaking massive on me. despite the supper baggy sleeves, they still manage to pull on my back as i extend my arms.

If they made the shirts in a reasonable size, they wouldn't be so bad!!

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure it is old news, but just read an article about Giorgio Gucci being forced to buy a suit from Jos A Bank because airline lost $50k worth of his luggage. Ouch.

Anyways, back on subject, so even their tailored fit stuff is still too baggy? Do they not produce slim fitting shirts? (Never been inside their store before)

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
I'm sure it is old news, but just read an article about Giorgio Gucci being forced to buy a suit from Jos A Bank because airline lost $50k worth of his luggage. Ouch. Anyways, back on subject, so even their tailored fit stuff is still too baggy? Do they not produce slim fitting shirts? (Never been inside their store before)
Yeah it is huge. I can fold over like 6 inches of fabric on the front of the shirt still! Not sure what grotesque person they had in mind when they designed these. Sleeves have like twice the needed fabric. I feel like a gangster with it on.
ffffuuuu.gif
Just for amusement, I think i will see if I can get ahold of corporate and let them know my concerns and see what they say! I know a lot of other people say the same thing.

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
Yeah it is huge. I can fold over like 6 inches of fabric on the front of the shirt still! Not sure what grotesque person they had in mind when they designed these. Sleeves have like twice the needed fabric. I feel like a gangster with it on.
ffffuuuu.gif

Just for amusement, I think i will see if I can get ahold of corporate and let them know my concerns and see what they say! I know a lot of other people say the same thing.

Maybe it was an overstock from the pirate-shirt Halloween special?
laugh.gif

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
Maybe it was an overstock from the pirate-shirt Halloween special?
laugh.gif

Along with the rest of their inventory lol. If they had reasonable proportions, they would be great shirts! The non-iron fabric is better than most, and the spread collars are fantastic.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just for amusement, I think i will see if I can get ahold of corporate and let them know my concerns and see what they say!
Got bored...

Wow, you weren't kidding about being bored, were you!
smile.gif
tongue.gif

JG000

Reaction score
And found a shirt that i thought was nice. Fabric was nice and so was the collar (spread). Traveler's Tailored Fit. Got home at put it on, and it reminded me why i stopped going there. I'm 6'1 215 lbs, by no means skinny, and it is freaking massive on me. despite the supper baggy sleeves, they still manage to pull on my back as i extend my arms. If they made the shirts in a reasonable size, they wouldn't be so bad!!
Well, at least it will be a great shirt after you get it altered

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How can one be "forced" to buy a suit from JAB?
puzzled.gif

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
How can one be "forced" to buy a suit from JAB?
puzzled.gif

Maybe he was running to a meeting right after he landed, and there was a JAB in the airport?

Sebastian Melmoth

Reaction score
I still shudder when I remember the JAB suit I bought 10 years ago.
After a couple of year I gave it to a less discerning friend.

rgoldstein

Reaction score
You're not kiddin, OP. I tend to like a slightly fuller cut dress shirt just for comfort reasons, like BB regular or normal slim fit...the JAB shirts are freaking excessive. Like, they'd even be baggy on a 300lb body builder.

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
My JAB shirts are skin tight on me.

EZ

bjornb17

Reaction score
I went to JAB again today...... i had like 30 minutes to kill and it was right across the street. Thought I'd try the size 16 neck shirts instead of my usual 16.5, for days (like 90% of the time) that I don't wear a tie. It actually fit pretty good, MUCH smaller cut than the 16.5 neck. Almost idential sizing to CT "slim-fit" 16.5 shirt. I picked up 2 shirts I liked, but they didn't have many other patterns to choose from.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads