• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got a ticket, need help

nerazzurrri

Reaction score
Okay so this morning I drove my mom to work at 5 am, when i was coming back I was on the left lane and the light was red so I decided to make a right turn on a red. I crossed lanes in time so that I wasnt making a right turn from the left lane (im not that stupid) I guess i sent the sensor off and it took a picture of me while i was STOPPED. I also wasnt driving my car, its my stepfathers and i know he'll probably put my info down and i'll get the ticket
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Is there anyway I can fight this ticket since I think i just made the sensor go off because it thought i was still going in a straight line? thanks for your help

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Yes, in my experience the stoplight cameras tend to record both your position and your speed (which apparently was "0" in this instance). In other words, if you didn't commit any infractions, all the camera could do was take a picture of you not doing anything wrong.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the entire premise of this thread is wrong, you didn't actually get a ticket, a light just flashed and you assumed you'll get a ticket. Come back when you get the ticket.

nerazzurrri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Yes, in my experience the stoplight cameras tend to record both your position and your speed (which apparently was "0" in this instance). In other words, if you didn't commit any infractions, all the camera could do was take a picture of you not doing anything wrong.

I have a feeling they'll say I didn't come to a complete stop and nail me for it
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

nerazzurrri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
So the entire premise of this thread is wrong, you didn't actually get a ticket, a light just flashed and you assumed you'll get a ticket. Come back when you get the ticket.

Well in theory yes, this happened before when my brother was driving my car and I got a ticket in the mail, so I'm assuming that they'll mail it just because they can and try to pin me for it.
confused.gif

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these things normally take 3 pictures, each time stamped. before the intersection, during and after. in theory people are supposed to look at them before it is sent out. the pictures will show you didn't run the light.

nerazzurrri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnGalt
these things normally take 3 pictures, each time stamped. before the intersection, during and after. in theory people are supposed to look at them before it is sent out. the pictures will show you didn't run the light.

There was only one flash.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri

Then you are fucked. I would seriously flee to canada. or get used to buttsex. Or stop whining and wait for the ticket to show up which it probalby wont since you didnt break the law. Then be like every other american (me included) and hire a lawyer to fight it. Maybe you can get your mom, pastor, teacher, GF's dad, and dentist and go to the police station RIGHT NOW on your behelf and get them to waive the ticket. Oh wait, you havent gotten a ticket yet, and a red light camera is a revenue generator in almost every state and doesnt even go on your record.

Christ I hate threads like this. When you kill someone and need legal advice then come back.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay so this morning I drove my mom to work at 5 am, when i was coming back I was on the left lane and the light was red so I decided to make a right turn on a red. I crossed lanes in time so that I wasnt making a right turn from the left lane (im not that stupid) I guess i sent the sensor off and it took a picture of me while i was STOPPED. I also wasnt driving my car, its my stepfathers and i know he'll probably put my info down and i'll get the ticket
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Is there anyway I can fight this ticket since I think i just made the sensor go off because it thought i was still going in a straight line? thanks for your help

I doubt you would get the ticket for this. If anything, your step-father would, then he could contest the ticket and if the photo really did show your face in the driver's seat he might beat the case. There's no reason for your name to be brought up at all.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

That's normal. But either you were stopped or you weren't. The camera can't take a picture of something that didn't happen. Nothing you can do about it now, anyway, so why not just wait and see what, if anything, arrives in the mail?

nerazzurrri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I doubt you would get the ticket for this. If anything, your step-father would, then he could contest the ticket and if the photo really did show your face in the driver's seat he might beat the case. There's no reason for your name to be brought up at all.

Well, my mom and stepfather are getting divorced and he does not like me so he probably will
frown.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you have bigger issues than this ticket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads