• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got a question about PCD

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Ok, can we stop with the crook thing. I think that I get the point that the guy was worried that I was going to steal something. No one has answered my question and I figured out that the PCDs that I saw were GTOs. How are they?

Sevcom

Reaction score
Moderately slim with a great bootcut. (It still might be my favorite jeans cut.) Personally, I would trust only the 1-year or the 3-year quality-wise, the former of which is on Scoop and the latter on Revolve Clothing (for $168). Or you could do what LA Guy suggests and get the ES Maz Dark, which is similar but higher quality.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flame
Old PDC (circa 2000-2003) are great washed jeans. Occasionally pops up on ebay for approximately $100.

I have a pair of the LTD Metro 1 wash that I don't wear that much anymore. Still in pretty good shape. Think I'd get anything close to that on the Bay? I got them at a pretty good price, so I figured I'd just hang onto them, but if I could recover that much of my money, I'd prolly sell them. Thoughts?

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I'm sure you can. Try selling it on the B/S forum first to guage the interest level.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sevcom
Moderately slim with a great bootcut. (It still might be my favorite jeans cut.) Personally, I would trust only the 1-year or the 3-year quality-wise, the former of which is on Scoop and the latter on Revolve Clothing (for $168). Or you could do what LA Guy suggests and get the ES Maz Dark, which is similar but higher quality.

Thanks, Sevcom. I'm still considering them when I get my return in. I would go for the ES, but they a little out of my price range and I don't think that any stores around here, besided Nirvirna and Gramancy carry them around me. The only other place that would carry ES is the concept store in the City, but with the taxes in NY (the only good thing about living in NJ is that there is no tax on various things), and I really don't want to buy a pair of $200+ jeans. I think I'll stick with the PCDs.

Reaction score
stick with your PDCs? sick of your Uniqlo selvage already? i've been checking yr selvage blog (updated every time you wear them), but it's been a cyber ghost town over there, dude.
bored.gif

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
stick with your PDCs? sick of your Uniqlo selvage already? i've been checking yr selvage blog (updated every time you wear them), but it's been a cyber ghost town over there, dude.
bored.gif

Well, it's good to see that someon reads it. No, I'm not getting tired of my selvage, in terms easy to under stand, I just want to change things up a bit.

All I've been wearing for the past few years is Levi's 569s, 517s, a pair of silvertab jeans and a pair of low straight jeans from levi's, American Eagle and Abercrombie and Fitch Jeans. I brought the selvage to change things up a bit, because of the fact that I was getting tired of wearing all those different pairs of jeans. I've never heard of Selvage jeans, until I started reading about it here.

I still wear them, but do to the fact I have school and work and homework, I haven't had the time to update the blog. I should do one this weekend, as a double update, cause I haven't done one in a while.

But the main reason why I'm going to buy the pair of PCD GTOs, is due to the fact that I found deciently priced pair of high end jeans (although I could go check to the Sacks and NM outlets up at Jersey Gardens, but I'm too lazy. Also, I could buy sevens, but everyone and their mother has a pair).

I still like my selvage demin denimdestroyedmylife, but I want to change things up a bit.

turbozed

Reaction score
THe PCD GTO is a pretty slim fitting bootcut. I don't know how skinny you are or how long your legs are but it seems like it's made for tall and skinny people (picture Cowboy Bebop characters for a body type). I tried some on at Off 5th (they were marked down to $99) and the wash was actually pretty nice on it. Cool distressing and all. The reason I didn't get them was because the legs were a little too tight for me (the 30" I tried was a LOT skinnier than my RRDS at 29", especially the knees). Another thing I noticed is that the denim felt super light and, while it was nice and soft (maybe good for summer) it didn't seem like it'd hold up to any abuse. Maybe I was already hearing bad stuff about PCD from here and was looking for an imperfection, but the denim didn't even look half as sturdy as the Diesel Kuratt I tried on alongside it.

If you don't need a pair of jeans right now, you can probably find some better deals if you wait around for a bit. The retail of the PCD and Earnest Sewn Hutch are apparently similar but the consensus is that the Earnest Sewn are much better quality (durability is something to think of when you plan on dropping a ton of dough on jeans). If you have a Last Call around you, then I'd just check that often.

Good luck finding your new jeans. I'm actually looking for a pair of ES right now too.

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
PDC
LOL. I knew it was PDC too but I unconsciously wrote PCD just because everyone else did. Reminds me of that one Psych experiment where they get a bunch of fake "subjects" to say one thing that's completely wrong and when the real subject is asked, he/she'll blindly agree even knowing it's completely wrong. Sorry for being off-topic.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
THe PCD GTO is a pretty slim fitting bootcut. I don't know how skinny you are or how long your legs are but it seems like it's made for tall and skinny people (picture Cowboy Bebop characters for a body type). I tried some on at Off 5th (they were marked down to $99) and the wash was actually pretty nice on it. Cool distressing and all. The reason I didn't get them was because the legs were a little too tight for me (the 30" I tried was a LOT skinnier than my RRDS at 29", especially the knees).

Wow, thanks for the heads up. If you really need to know, I'm 5'11" and about 130 lbs. Yeah, I know I'm super skinny. I think I'm just gonna have try a pair on, maybe tomorrow or some other time.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Anyone got any other other alternatives to the GTOs? I'm still thinking about the ES, but I'm still opened to suggestions.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads