1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Got a question about PCD

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Mar 24, 2006.

1. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

stick with your PDCs? sick of your Uniqlo selvage already? i've been checking yr selvage blog (updated every time you wear them), but it's been a cyber ghost town over there, dude. [​IMG]

2. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

stick with your PDCs? sick of your Uniqlo selvage already? i've been checking yr selvage blog (updated every time you wear them), but it's been a cyber ghost town over there, dude. [​IMG]

Well, it's good to see that someon reads it. No, I'm not getting tired of my selvage, in terms easy to under stand, I just want to change things up a bit.

All I've been wearing for the past few years is Levi's 569s, 517s, a pair of silvertab jeans and a pair of low straight jeans from levi's, American Eagle and Abercrombie and Fitch Jeans. I brought the selvage to change things up a bit, because of the fact that I was getting tired of wearing all those different pairs of jeans. I've never heard of Selvage jeans, until I started reading about it here.

I still wear them, but do to the fact I have school and work and homework, I haven't had the time to update the blog. I should do one this weekend, as a double update, cause I haven't done one in a while.

But the main reason why I'm going to buy the pair of PCD GTOs, is due to the fact that I found deciently priced pair of high end jeans (although I could go check to the Sacks and NM outlets up at Jersey Gardens, but I'm too lazy. Also, I could buy sevens, but everyone and their mother has a pair).

I still like my selvage demin denimdestroyedmylife, but I want to change things up a bit.

3. turbozed

turbozed Senior member

THe PCD GTO is a pretty slim fitting bootcut. I don't know how skinny you are or how long your legs are but it seems like it's made for tall and skinny people (picture Cowboy Bebop characters for a body type). I tried some on at Off 5th (they were marked down to $99) and the wash was actually pretty nice on it. Cool distressing and all. The reason I didn't get them was because the legs were a little too tight for me (the 30" I tried was a LOT skinnier than my RRDS at 29", especially the knees). Another thing I noticed is that the denim felt super light and, while it was nice and soft (maybe good for summer) it didn't seem like it'd hold up to any abuse. Maybe I was already hearing bad stuff about PCD from here and was looking for an imperfection, but the denim didn't even look half as sturdy as the Diesel Kuratt I tried on alongside it.

If you don't need a pair of jeans right now, you can probably find some better deals if you wait around for a bit. The retail of the PCD and Earnest Sewn Hutch are apparently similar but the consensus is that the Earnest Sewn are much better quality (durability is something to think of when you plan on dropping a ton of dough on jeans). If you have a Last Call around you, then I'd just check that often.

Good luck finding your new jeans. I'm actually looking for a pair of ES right now too.

4. minya

minya Senior member

5. turbozed

turbozed Senior member

PDC
    LOL. I knew it was PDC too but I unconsciously wrote PCD just because everyone else did. Reminds me of that one Psych experiment where they get a bunch of fake "subjects" to say one thing that's completely wrong and when the real subject is asked, he/she'll blindly agree even knowing it's completely wrong. Sorry for being off-topic.

6. weirdnjfan1

THe PCD GTO is a pretty slim fitting bootcut. I don't know how skinny you are or how long your legs are but it seems like it's made for tall and skinny people (picture Cowboy Bebop characters for a body type). I tried some on at Off 5th (they were marked down to $99) and the wash was actually pretty nice on it. Cool distressing and all. The reason I didn't get them was because the legs were a little too tight for me (the 30" I tried was a LOT skinnier than my RRDS at 29", especially the knees).

Wow, thanks for the heads up. If you really need to know, I'm 5'11" and about 130 lbs. Yeah, I know I'm super skinny. I think I'm just gonna have try a pair on, maybe tomorrow or some other time.

7. weirdnjfan1

Anyone got any other other alternatives to the GTOs? I'm still thinking about the ES, but I'm still opened to suggestions.[​IMG]