• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got $225 to spend, want some jeans to be 'seen' in.

fudgebutt

Reaction score
Hey gang, it's time to get your advice. I have some dough to spend on some raw selvedge denim. The thing is, a lot of the best denim out there is a tad nondescript. I want something that will stand out in a bar environment, but I want to keeps it clean.

What are your opinions on...

1. Acne Mic Raw -
http://www.tobi.com/product/7233-acn...?color_id=8410

My first choice based on the gorgeous deep indigo and fit. However, the stitching isn't too exciting, and I feel that I might want something that stands out a bit more.

2. Evisu Sorinin - http://www.tobi.com/product/13858-ev...color_id=16482

Yeah, not the classiest, but I like the indigo, and it stands out. I wouldn't consider any other evisu jeans because they look like hell.

3. Wesc 5-Pocket Selvedge
http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...J22&c=WESC&d=b

A little more understated but still more "fun" than the Acne Mic's.

Although I realize some of these selections are a bit garish, I need them for the bar, so style counts for a lot and I'm not interested in ****** mall brands like R&R. Imperials have cool pocket stitching too, but are a bit heavy duty for me. Help me out here.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Acne Mic Rigid for the win. They're my everyday jeans and have broken in nicely.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for something that stands out a little more check out Atelier LaDurance. They've got some interesting stitching and I like their leather patch.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats like grundletaint calling fudgebutt brown

fudgebutt

Reaction score
Are there any lower-cost alternatives to the Mic Raw's? It's a very nondescript/classic cut. When APC NS's are $155, is it worthwhile to go all out for the Mic's?

I know the mic's will be badass, but perhaps there's an even better solution out there...

brohymn

Reaction score
Just letting you know that if your jeans don't have arcuates that people (women) recognize, it won't stand out for ****. Congratulations on being a tool.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just buy Diors and figure out a way to bring it up during conversation

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Just buy Diors and figure out a way to bring it up during conversation

-- "Hi, what's your name?"

-- "I'm wearing ******* Diors!"

sbbbjm

Reaction score
buy some diesels - they'll make your ass look good guaranteed, people know what they are, quality is top notch - i've never had a pair of diesels even pop a stitch

aerether

Reaction score
I'm going to be all "**** popularity" and recommend you get some KMWs from Mauro.

(I think it'd be a better use of your $225, assuming the discount still stands)

DBoon

Reaction score
Is the $225 a strict budget? These come out to $282.12...probably closer to $300 when its all said and done. You can probably find them for sale somwhwere else in Europe, but Context is the only U.S. seller I know of and they are sold out. But as Stazy said, ALD is really nice with good details, Prescott is a good cut, and it definitely has an intersting back pocket /patch

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ande Whalls.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads