• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Got $225 to spend, want some jeans to be 'seen' in.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
-- "Hi, what's your name?"

-- "I'm wearing ******* Diors!"

BWHAHAHAHAHA!
laugh.gif

Shakermaker

Reaction score
It's already been said, but unless you have some distinct stitching, like those Evisu's or some diesels, your jeans won't stand out in a bar. Most of the jeans mentioned (acne, pbj, etc.), although quite nice and worth the money, won't grab the average person's attention.

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sbbbjm
buy some diesels - they'll make your ass look good guaranteed, people know what they are, quality is top notch - i've never had a pair of diesels even pop a stitch

Agreed. I've got Diesels that have lasted over 10 years and still kicking. The denim held up, all the stitching held up, and they still fit well. Not the softest and most comfortable denim (why should denim be soft anyway?), but easily my favorite brand.

Curious_George

Reaction score
If you care about being seen in jeans just pay a little more and get some Diors. Diors are pretty easy to recognize imo.

fudgebutt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shakermaker
It's already been said, but unless you have some distinct stitching, like those Evisu's or some diesels, your jeans won't stand out in a bar. Most of the jeans mentioned (acne, pbj, etc.), although quite nice and worth the money, won't grab the average person's attention.
I'm definitely looking for something in between "respectable" and "recognizable", which is why I liked the WESC denim... wesc is essentially a streetwear brand, so it's fun, but hold something of an exclusivity status. I'm not touching ****** mall brands. Nudie also fall into this category with their trademark pocket stitching and decent price point, but I already own some slim jim dry japans. It's time to branch out to another brand. Imperials are fricking awesome, and I've been eyeing them for a looong time. But that 14oz denim looks thicker than hell! Also, I want a slimmer, more form-fitting cut. Dukes look a little baggy for my tastes. Plus I feel physical pain knowing that I could've picked them up for $130 at the last context sale *waaah*

Chip

Reaction score
Wanna be seen? Get jeans with a flying dog print on your crotch.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Curious_George
If you care about being seen in jeans just pay a little more and get some Diors. Diors are pretty easy to recognize imo.

Diors are easy to recognize if you know what to look for, which is the problem. Nobody knows what Diors look like, especially the opposite sex.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oops, meant to edit my last post

BTW, Imperial Dukes are not baggy in the least.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really see why you want your back pocket stitching to be noticed too much - busy backpockets don't automatically mean girls coming up to you and going "nice jeans! where'd you get them from?" And do you really want to have a conversation about your jeans with girls? Most girls into jeans probably buy mall crap like TR, R&R, and 7FAM and Nudie IF THAT. You may as well go for that garish mall stuff if you want backpockets that'll be noticed and recognized by your average girl at a bar.

I'd say Ande Whalls at $198 are a bargain you can't ******* miss out on. Talk about how they're handmade by a solo craftsman in New Zealand or some **** like that. Or you could get nudies or something. But really, if you're buying jeans for the backpockets there really isn't a whole reason to drop $225 on them

fudgebutt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robertorex
I don't really see why you want your back pocket stitching to be noticed too much - busy backpockets don't automatically mean girls coming up to you and going "nice jeans! where'd you get them from?" And do you really want to have a conversation about your jeans with girls? Most girls into jeans probably buy mall crap like TR, R&R, and 7FAM and Nudie IF THAT. You may as well go for that garish mall stuff if you want backpockets that'll be noticed and recognized by your average girl at a bar.

It's a tough racket. Why spend $200+ on jeans that only I can appreciate? But the problem is that I refuse to stoop to TR, R&R, etc. ****!

Also, backpockets don't make the jean, but this is where we see branding and other signature stuff that make jeans distinguishable.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i recommend a pair of Pure Blue Japan xx005 they are $225 at Blue in Green by the way. nice slim straight cut but with a slubby nice blue color that will stand out.
or some PBJ-007....=P

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads