1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gordon Gekko from "Wall Street"

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Kent Wang, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Boomer123

Boomer123 Member

Has anyone seen Michael Douglas' new clothes from Money Never Sleeps? [​IMG]

2. Boomer123

Boomer123 Member

Thanks so much! I wonder if Alan Flusser is still making his suits? I have seen a couple of pictures of him in 'Full Gekko' mode with a three piece pinstripe, and it looks like old times!![​IMG]

3. westinghouse

westinghouse Senior member

I still don't understand why people here idolize Gordon Gekko, a thief. To me people who love Gordon Gekko are slightly above the people who subscribe to the bling bling of Hip Hop.

Idolizing Scarface is worse...

4. Boomer123

Boomer123 Member

"I still don't understand why people here idolize Gordon Gekko..."

To quote Gordon Gekko: "Money and power- that's all there is...."

I would add style, too... [​IMG]

5. duration

duration Senior member

http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Wal...27/G1415,A6190

+1

Gekko still got it! Coincidentally, I was just talking with one of the guys down at my country's finance district about suspenders. No one here wears them. I don't suppose anyone in NYC does anymore too right?

6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Funny to see this thread come back to life, as today I'm wearing a shirt w/ white collar/cuffs with the following fabric:

[​IMG]

That is a great classic fabric for a great classic look.

7. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

I hope the movie is better in a sartorial way than the photos in the previous link reflect. Gordon Gekko a broken man, after serving 14 years in prison? Say it ain't so.

And while we're at it, what's with all the skinny lapels?

8. Boomer123

Boomer123 Member

There is a piece in the new (Feb) issue of Vanity Fair, and the writer says Michael is coy about Gekko's true motives...I think he'll be "broken" until he turns and devastates all over again!! [​IMG]

9. Boomer123

Boomer123 Member

Several good (quick) shots of GGs new suits- including visiting his tailor- extra credit for anyone who knows who's suits he will be wearing! Film will be premiering next month at Cannes, btw...[​IMG]