• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Google Earth Appreciation Thread

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just discovered its usefulness recently while apartment hunting. What an awesome piece of software. Street View rox.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Street View is on Google Maps as well, eh?

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use it every day. There are better aerial websites out there in terms of clarity, but street view is pretty good. If you're bored, the flight simulator is quite fun for wasting a few minutes.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use it to stakeout various locations before I visit them.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I would imagine there's nothing better to do in Pittsburgh.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google Earth is amazing. Even better is when used on an iPod Touch or iPhone. Talk about feeling like you have the world in the palm of your hands. It feels like Sci-Fi come to life -- "soon this newfangled phone will let you look anywhere in the world with the touch of your hand"...

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember a few years ago googling something like "Cool Google Earth Photos" and coming across an image in China of a scaled down version of a mountain range. It was pretty awesome so I put the coordinates in Google Earth to see for myself and sure enough it was there in the middle of China. Here is the scaled down model of the mountain range and page two shows it next to the real mountain range. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07...ngtan_mystery/

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Google Earth is very cool. And it is especially handy for the classroom.

shdw

Reaction score
i use it to reminisce over my childhood neighborhoods

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads