• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwill unbranded ub201 deal "but"?

gary1984

Reaction score
just wanna say im newbie when it comes to denim.anyways went to my local goodwill store to check out what they have.spotted some dark jeans,closer look it was a pair of unbranded ub201 size 34.like new condition barely worn,positive it hasn't even been washed?for $21.99 i bought it of course ,it was cheap??..but,there were was some issues with it,for me its not a big deal,but for some hardcore denim heads out there please don't give me a had time,haha. selvedge is still intact.

inseam from 34inches to 30.
leg opening from 8inch (i think) to 7.25
chain stitch on hem is gone,i believe the seamstress used a standard stitch?not sure what its called.single?
also the inner seam appears that it has been tapered more?not sure if that made any sense.so the original stitch on the inseam doesn't have that extra fabric?again im not to familiar with all the terms.but all i can say is that it doesn't look like the ones i see online pictures.

i do like the fit,the only thing that worrys me is that the inseam is a 30 inch,just curious if i did wait 6 months to one year or so for the first soak wash,would it shrink drastically?again i only payed about $21.99

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yer fine to wash whenever. See how it says may shrink 3%? It's sanforized, so shrinkage will be minimal. Stf would be more like 10%, but not to worry, just work on those till you feel like it's time for a wash amigo!

gary1984

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, I did see the tag that it will shrink up 3%,I also did some research about hemming raw denim, that your suppose to hem it after the first wash to determine how much it actually shrank?

bigsink

Reaction score
They may be too small in the waist after washing. Maybe you should sell those for a small profit?

gary1984

Reaction score
Maybe I should, still thinking about it, I just couldn't pass it up for $21.99.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ waist looks fine. should be fine after washing.

just wear your jeans and don't worry about it. sheesh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads