• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

good vacation for 2 under $1000

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'm telling ya, 1k for two peeps? Detroit.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Let's look at this logically though:

Cheap flights: $200 x 2 = $400
Really cheap hotel: $100 *3-4 = $300-$400

That leaves $50-$100 for food and entertainment each day total. There is a really big difference between $50 and $100 for two people, especially when it comes to food quality, so I would recommend the three nights instead of four.

As you can see, getting a hotel for $200 a night would not really be possible for a $1000.

Good luck.

the $1K is not including food/entertainment

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
since it's your gf i imagine you're <30. maybe not your style at that age but i imagine you could easily get a nice 3-4 day vacation for <$1000 somewhere along the Carolina coast. i'd probably start with the Myrtle Beach area.

-Jeff

i am well under 30, i jsut turned 23, the gf is 21

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
i am well under 30, i jsut turned 23, the gf is 21

Good luck getting reservations then. Last summer I (20) tried to get the girlfriend and I some reservations and most of the places said I had to be 25 to make reservations. At least at the nice places. Some cheaper places said 21, and then really ****** ones like Day's Inn were like "******* we don't care just give us your money."

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Good luck getting reservations then. Last summer I (20) tried to get the girlfriend and I some reservations and most of the places said I had to be 25 to make reservations. At least at the nice places. Some cheaper places said 21, and then really ****** ones like Day's Inn were like "******* we don't care just give us your money."

Ahhhh, the tribulations of youth.
tounge.gif

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flight + Hotel package cost: $373 per person ($745 Total) from newark to orlando, hotel: Radisson Resort Orlando - Celebration

i can see this being very doable...

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
book it online, the Web doesn't ask how old you are
smile.gif

Charleston is a good bet. Savannah's supposed to be nice, but I've never been.

In June, even Chicago will be pleasant, and it's a nice city to visit.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Ahhhh, the tribulations of youth.
tounge.gif

I offerred them double the deposit and they still said no, it was policy. **** that! They probably didn't believe I had more than $20 lol.

I can't wait 17 more years til I can have tons of money like you.
Holy **** 17 years... that's almost double my age. Damn man.... retirement is closing in!
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads