1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good undershirt source?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mrchapel, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Jockey seems to be decent, though not especially long for us taller guys. They do have tall sizes, but unfortunately those only start at Large and would be too big for me.

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive brand that makes tall enough Mediums?

How tall are you? I am 5'11 and have a slightly long torso and prefer longer tees. The JC Penney ones I mentioned earlier were perfect but they do have talls and extra talls if needed.

website...

2. summej2

summej2 Senior member

In the mid 90's and before I used to buy Calvin Klein at TJ Maxx, a number of them are still with me---the quality was pretty good and the fit slim. These days I'm trying to switch over to organic cotton that I know isn't sweatshop made. For briefs I like

http://www.cleanundies.com/menscleanundies.html

but I haven't found a good source for undershirts. I may try Patagonia, but they don't make a v-neck.

3. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

I went to target to pick some up because I saw iit recommended here by several people and personally, I thought it was garbage. returned it soon after
    So I guess you weren't satisfied... [​IMG]

4. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

I like Jockey undershirts (crew neck Ts). They use long staple cotton that doesn't pill, and the collar bands stay flat for the life of the shirt.

5. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Sounds like you are very price conscious. I bought some Neiman Marcus brand at Last Call early this year that I thought were great!!!......until I bought some Zimmerli.

So you need to match your pocketbook and your desires. Zimmerli is very top of the line, the others are good and are generally very good buys at their price point.

Perry

6. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

I like Jockey undershirts (crew neck Ts). They use long staple cotton that doesn't pill, and the collar bands stay flat for the life of the shirt.

I love Jockey undershirts, but only the old ones with tags. The new tagless ones have a larger neck, and the collar bands roll (at least in my experience). Problem is, I can't find the old style anymore.

7. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

I love Jockey undershirts, but only the old ones with tags. The new tagless ones have a larger neck, and the collar bands roll (at least in my experience). Problem is, I can't find the old style anymore.

The last dozen I bought were the new "tagless" style. I've been wearing these for about six months without any problems with the collars rolling.