• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

good towels

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had two sets of nice white Frette towels and face cloths for a year and a half, but I wonder if there's anything better out there. Also, are there other colors other than white? Has anyone found anything nice?

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no one here has a good set of towels??

pejsek

Reaction score
I like Anichini. I have a set of the Nevada towels, which are very nice (and do come in a range of colors):

http://www.anichini.com/products/mn_bath.shtml

Pioneer Linens has some nice patterned towels. I, of course, have my eye on the Galuchat (perfect in the Eau de Nil bathroom with mahogany wainscotting, black and white Hosta patterned wallpaper, and Edwardian nickel fittings):

http://www.pioneerlinens.com/bathroom

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The nicest that I have seen are at Catherine Memmi in Paris.

stach

Reaction score
I look at the fabric more than the brand. I like a thick, plush cotton velour which is getting difficult to locate. I've seen many luxury high end towels that are just looped terry.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
wanted to find out some quality bed linens makers and towel makers. i found a thread by holdfast that had some good info (although limited) on the former, but how about towels?

given we spend so much time sleeping, i figure its as important as the bespoke shirts we wear during the day.

who makes the best towels? yves delorme? other makers?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What a random thread to get bumped 5 years later.
confused.gif

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
What a random thread to get bumped 5 years later.
confused.gif

hmm..
would you preferred if i started a new thread? or are you suggesting i should just forget about lush, soft towels and live life with average towels?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelux2010
hmm.. would you preferred if i started a new thread? or are you suggesting i should just forget about lush, soft towels and live life with average towels?
Just made me laugh that is was 5 years old. I'm in the market for new towels too.
lol8[1].gif

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
Just made me laugh that is was 5 years old. I'm in the market for new towels too.
lol8[1].gif

smile.gif
yes, did feel strange reviving a 5 year old thread, but i try and avoid starting new threads when i can!..

hopefully there are some other members who share our interest.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There are very decent towels in the Hammacher Schlemmer catalog. Very heavy turkish cotton, not overpriced.

Assortment of colors if you want that.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm partial to "A" and "I". Sometimes "Y".

Connection

Reaction score
I will be adding some Anichini towels to the e-bay site within the next couple of days. I have several colors all in the Nevada design.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads