• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Tailor(Not Just Alterations) in Cairo?

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
This is probably a wild shot in the dark, but I'm living for the next six months in the Zamalek district of Cairo, and I'm looking for a good tailor to maybe do some copying/full custom suits. Obviously, they would not be premier quality, but they would probably be pretty good and the prices of both fabric and labor are astoundingly low here, especially with regards to cotton.

So if any SFers from this city or expats who have worked here have any good recommendations anywhere in the Cairo area for a tailor who does good work beyond alterations and repairs, I would be much obliged.

Thanks.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
No one?

Baltzer

Reaction score
So, did you find any tailor in Cairo? Going to live there for half a year and has been wondering the exact same thing

Hatem Hafez

Reaction score
orange square. is the place to go. it is located in Zamalek, behind Om Kolthoum tower.(next to Coffee Beans and Tea Leaf caffe). The place is very famous for custom made shirts and suits. the prices are average and relatively cheap in comparison to the same service in europe and the US. you can also ask about 100% egyptian cotton shirts. Lots of expat are happy with the service of this place in Cairo.

andrewr4

Reaction score
I lived in Cairo for over two years and went through several shirt makers and a couple tailors. The best tailor in Cairo is Samir Al Sakka. He made me several suits and a double breasted tuxedo. He's located downtown on 31 Sharia Abdel Khalek Sarwat, I think. He was trained in Rome in the '50s or '60s and did many of Sadat's suits. I dream of going back for more. Orange Square is not bad. It's popular with expats, but it's full of polyester and the suits are made off site in a factory.

aselhawary

Reaction score
Never try Orange Square Worst suit i ever had, though i paid 15000 EGP the fit is horrible, they used very cheap materials for internal lining like glue. Never try them. Actually they should be rated as zero

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never try Orange Square Worst suit i ever had, though i paid 15000 EGP the fit is horrible, they used very cheap materials for internal lining like glue. Never try them. Actually they should be rated as zero

Seems an odd first post in an ancient thread, what connection do you have with tailors in Cairo - or are you one.

aselhawary

Reaction score
Seems an odd first post in an ancient thread, what connection do you have with tailors in Cairo - or are you one.
No i am not a tailor, I saw all of those reviews and others and went to have a suit made to me then I got a horrible one and wanted to correct the wrong impression that orange square is doing good job.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads