Good sweatpants?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scientific, Oct 8, 2010.

1. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Uniqlo had some great sweatpants for 20 bucks. Soft as hell and they come in slim fit and regular. I scooped up a few pairs. I wear them all the time. Kinda wish I bought a few backup pairs for when these disintegrate

2. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Alternative Apparel.

Really.

3. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I got some very nice ones at the Evisu store last year which i've been wearing that are awesome.
    Loopwheeled fabric, zippered pockets, great fit.

That sounds awesome. Loving my buzz rickson x selfedge loop wheeled sweater. Never have liked sweatpants but the thought of loopwheel on legs is quite tempting.

4. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

not sure why anyone would want to waste money on high end jeans. i just wear levis 511 or 514 and they're pretty decent.
    yeah because denim and sweats are interchangeable in the sense that they are worn in similar situations, right? retard.

5. scientific

scientific Senior member

eh pretty epic fail so far on the replies looks like ill be waiting for a jp sale

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

yeah because denim and sweats are interchangeable in the sense that they are worn in similar situations, right? retard.

you dont' wear your sweats with hitop sneaks and leather jackets worth more than selfedge brand denim? smh...

7. omar white

omar white Senior member

got these and love them...Opening Ceremony... prolly shoulda sized down one, but.... [​IMG]

8. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

you dont' wear your sweats with hitop sneaks and leather jackets worth more than selfedge brand denim? smh...
    I see your point, but that only applies if you're evaluating sweatpants qua regular pants. I'd probably only wear sweats to the gym, and I usually don't wear very high-end stuff when I'm working out because I'm saturating everything with sweat and then washing and machine-drying it a bajillion times. The rest of the time (when I'm not sleeping), I'm rotating Japanese denims. edit: In light of the proliferation of sweatpants-related threads, would it make sense to request a thread consolidation from the mods?

9. Essentio

Essentio Senior member

I see your point, but that only applies if you're evaluating sweatpants qua regular pants. I'd probably only wear sweats to the gym, and I usually don't wear very high-end stuff when I'm working out because I'm saturating everything with sweat and then washing and machine-drying it a bajillion times.

Good point. Spending big $$$ on sweatpants for working out in a gym lacks common sense, yet dressing sporty-elegant for a training session is a rational position.

10. bryanayrb

bryanayrb Senior member

koreans been making slight drop crotch elasticized hem sweatpants in every colour, pocket configuration and fit for a few years now

11. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

these look nice but no way im dropping 100+ on sweat pants. any comparables? important for them not to look excessively hood/frat/trailer-y. and before i offend the igentry this is for sleeping and/or lounging at home http://www.jamesperse.com/men/bottom...ryId=cat240005
    the real mccoy's has some of the best out there. plus, they have drawstrings at the hem! im not sure wtf is up with that pic you posted but those are awful. good luck.

12. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

i don't think i could wear sweats out of the house without a certain sense of being .... slovenly. that being said, i could always go for a pair of these [​IMG]

13. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

man i pretty much wear sweats all the time when i'm not doing something that doesn't require not wearing sweats

all this no sweats in public is crazy talk...[​IMG]

i think people on the sidewalk would actually be much more taken aback by some of my chino fits!

14. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

that's probably more a reflection of your pants than anything [​IMG]