• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good suits in the 500 dollars range?

akj27

Reaction score
I usually buy BOSS suits from this outlet store near my house. I was wondering if there are other brands I should be looking at? Or alternatively, I just shop at banana when feeling cheap, I can usually find deals there for around 250 or so.

While we're at it, I recently bought a BOSS suit that is grey/dark grey. What color dress shirt and tie do you think goes well with it? I'll be wearing a black belt and black shoes.

Thanks!

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A good suit for 500$ is a 1500$ suit on sale.

dl

akj27

Reaction score
Well the suit I bought retails for 990, so I guess it was a bad deal? lol

jkennett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by akj27
Well the suit I bought retails for 990, so I guess it was a bad deal? lol
A Boss suit retailing for 990? Must be a Baldessarini in super 150? Either way... I've seen those offered for $250. on forums.

Best suits for 500 and under.... I'd say either suits sold in the marketplace on this forum, or a Thick as Thieves suit.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
sad to say, at 990 it isn't a good deal. but since you got one, the dark grey is a good choice, and you could play with different color shirts with it- white, blue, pink... i suggest a look at the waywt thread for ideas.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by akj27
I usually buy BOSS suits from this outlet store near my house. I was wondering if there are other brands I should be looking at? Or alternatively, I just shop at banana when feeling cheap, I can usually find deals there for around 250 or so.

While we're at it, I recently bought a BOSS suit that is grey/dark grey. What color dress shirt and tie do you think goes well with it? I'll be wearing a black belt and black shoes.

Thanks!

Look into Hickey Freeman Suits. You can often find them NWT on sale for < $500. SierraTradingPost occasionally has Corenliani suits on sale for that range if you find a 20% coupon.

akj27

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far. I forgot to mention that I'd rather not buy online, especially not from another member on a forum. I guess I just don't trust people, plus, I like to try things on, especially if they cost an arm and a leg.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would suggest you try TaT suits if you have a slim build

www.thickasthievesla.com

Otherwise try various online outlet sites on the banner of this forum.

As far as shirt/tie combination, it really depend on your skin tone and facial complexion. If you have dark hair and light skin, try to have higher contrasting shirt/tie combo. AskAndyAboutClothes.com is a great place to start.

BTW, if you prefer not to buy things online, you could visit TaT @ LA, or try Zara and H&M.

Danny Wolfgan

Reaction score
That's too much for a suit..I ever come across a website that selling suits,maybe you can refer to their web.
www esbuycn com

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've come to like Boglioli's jackets, never tried a full suit. On sale they should be around 500. Try Yoox. Also to the above spamatron, your website doesn't even open, I didn't even have a change to evaluate your affordable wares
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads