• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good spring jacket?

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions or recommendations for a nice spring jacket? I'm not looking to spend too much money...maybe $100 or $125. I'm looking for something that's casual, that I can wear with jeans and a t-shirt/polo/buttondown. I'm not into the M65 look too much because I think there are too many pockets, and I also don't want it to fall below the waist. A brown or blue color would be nice.

I like the Krell jackets but I'm not a huge fan of the hidden zipper, though it might be something I look at. Think of that style of jacket, but slightly more casual if you get my drift.

Oh, and pics please!

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's see here...lighter weight, no hidden zipper, excessive pockets, or other gimmicks...I think some sort of Harrington would fit the bill nicely. If you Google around, you'll find a decent numer of US stores that carry classic brands for about $125 or less. I think GS might have something leads here...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have any examples? Pics of close, but too much $?

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the closest to what I'm looking for. Something slightly military/cargo inspired, but not overly so. J. Crew
81808_GR7192_SP07_m.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Go to Belstaff.com (warning, it takes over your whole screen) and look at the jackets and blousons (blousons are just short jackets cut above the waist) for 'Man'. None of those will be anywhere near $100, but maybe something will catch your eye to work off of. Personally I would like something like the Brigand, Filibuster, Dragonfly, etc. in waxed cotton.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I thought you said not below the waist?

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So that bellstaff stuff, how does one order? I found a jacket that is pretty ok, although I really need to find a good spring jacket, something light that could be worn with a T or button up

Reaction score
Here, I must give a positive word for track jackets.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Track jackets are a bit played out and do not go well with a button up in my mind, they probably look ok with Ts or maybe (big maybe) a polo.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
So that bellstaff stuff, how does one order? I found a jacket that is pretty ok, although I really need to find a good spring jacket, something light that could be worn with a T or button up
Belstaff is sold through limited distributors and is pretty expensive. Some dept. stores also carry it, but I'm not sure which. One shop is called British Motorcycle Gear (http://www.britishmotorcyclegear.com/). They don't list everything but they may be able to special order something. The cool thing about Belstaff is that all those jackets can be made in your choice of many different fabrics. (Not all fabrics for all jackets, but a lot of options.) Their Trialmaster in black waxed cotton is the most classic style - it's the jacket Che Guevara wore through his motorcycle travels.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know H+M is pretty much a given in these cases, but just in case you hadn't thought of it, they had a number of at-the-waist casual cotton jackets for around $50 last I went. Colors were mostly earth-y, from light khaki to dk brown.

I got a brown one (warning, bomber-ish), pic here, sorry for lack of detail.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads