• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Socks in Brisbane!

macklondon

Reaction score
New member from Brisbane here, hello all! So here is the question:

Where is a good place for socks in Brisbane? I checked the usual DJ's, Myers. Nothing there, few upmarket shops had some for over $65 a pair. I wanted something slightly cheaper that $65 as i am going to be buying these often, but in decent colour other than black. So single colour dark red, navy etc.

Seen some online, but i wanna pick em up this weekend. Impatient i guess...

Last edited:

macklondon

Reaction score
Sweet thanks. In other forums i use it is bad etiquette to mess with exisitng threads for my own questions. But looking at it now i see what you mean. Many Thanks :)

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sweet thanks. In other forums i use it is bad etiquette to mess with exisitng threads for my own questions. But looking at it now i see what you mean. Many Thanks :)
Gold Toe from beltoutlet.com or on ebay are good. Please don't buy retail in Australia. Retail in Australia is evil and needs to die :)

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes Marcoliani or Pantherella socks can be had for good prices at DJs during sales, but otherwise online is definitely your best bet.

There's a thread somewhere on Styleforum about a Turkish (I think) maker of socks called Viccel - their website is here. If you want plain-colour socks (ie no patterns) then they seem pretty damned good.

Alternatively, Howard Yount (a business based in the US, started by a Styleforum member) sells Marcoliani socks at good prices with cheap shipping.

There are also several UK websites that sell affordable, good quality socks.

Plestor

Reaction score
Journeyman is on the money, viccel particularly so. I use them for all my solids.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads