• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good site for quality leather jackets?

TransparentCranium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
temple of jawnz first post motherfucjers
This. To others on this forum. I don't think you realize the value offered by TOJ. Great leather, 3 classic styles, slim fit being standard. Full mtm service. A choice of two high quality leathers. Leather jackets need to fit perfectly, finding one that does, on sale, for less than 600 is a task. Toj brings you something sure to fit you, for under 600. If you know about TOJ and are still searching for a leather jacket elsewhere, you're crazy.

TyroneFig

Reaction score
grr delete this I'm stupid

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
I'm hijacking this thread.

Post jackets of similar style that can be had for 1/2 the retail value of the one seen below (retail is ~1400usd). 1st world construction is a huge plus.

belstaff_brad_jacket7.jpg

jay-ninja

Reaction score
I bought my jacket from a place in the UK called the Tannery - Price is £169 and quality is pretty fantastic I have to say. Here's some video and a pics below;
Screen%20shot%202011-01-09%20at%2007.56.22.png
Screen%20shot%202011-01-09%20at%2007.56.42.png
They also do the Brad style;
Bradclose.jpg
and the Cougar/Mojave;
Mojave.jpg

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the RLBL leathers. I got to try on a bunch of the ones from this season and was impressed with all.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
At that price point, you can always look at the Schott 141 Cafe Racer, which has the stand up collar you're talking about. Comparable jackets in this price range for fashion is just...ToJ.

whereismyshoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TransparentCranium
This. To others on this forum. I don't think you realize the value offered by TOJ. Great leather, 3 classic styles, slim fit being standard. Full mtm service. A choice of two high quality leathers. Leather jackets need to fit perfectly, finding one that does, on sale, for less than 600 is a task. Toj brings you something sure to fit you, for under 600. If you know about TOJ and are still searching for a leather jacket elsewhere, you're crazy.

except for the fact that they're $710 now

deputychino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jay-ninja
I bought my jacket from a place in the UK called the Tannery - Price is £169 and quality is pretty fantastic I have to say. Here's some video and a pics below;

Just curious, does the Tannery have a website and do they ship to the states?

A google search is bringing up some sites, but I don't think they are the correct place.

Woodyear

Reaction score
To get the tannery jacket you have to search ebay uk for the-tannery. I ordered mine like 20 days ago though and still havent recieved it, the wait is killing me!

jay-ninja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deputychino
Just curious, does the Tannery have a website and do they ship to the states? A google search is bringing up some sites, but I don't think they are the correct place.
Hey deputychino, I actually proposed to The Tannery owner that he set up a website - This has led to me designing a website which is in development at the moment. Of course you can go thru ebay - but if you PM me I can put you in touch with the vendor directly. They do ship to the states yes. They are great jackets - just be prepared to wait for delivery as each is made to order. Best, Jay

deputychino

Reaction score
Hey deputychino,

I actually proposed to The Tannery owner that he set up a website - This has led to me designing a website which is in development at the moment. Of course you can go thru ebay - but if you PM me I can put you in touch with the vendor directly. They do ship to the states yes.

They are great jackets - just be prepared to wait for delivery as each is made to order.

Best,

Jay

Originally Posted by Woodyear
To get the tannery jacket you have to search ebay uk for the-tannery. I ordered mine like 20 days ago though and still havent recieved it, the wait is killing me!

Thanks for the information guys, I found the ebay UK site and his stuff looks great.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just brought a Tan Panther Jacket from the Tannery

It looks very promising, good and competing price with Company like belstaff

Can't wait

p.s. Anyone thing the belstaff logo on the arms is too much? the mini england flag is good though

jay-ninja

Reaction score
Originally Posted by add911_11

Can't wait

p.s. Anyone thing the belstaff logo on the arms is too much? the mini england flag is good though

Don't forget to post some pics when you get it !

deputychino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by add911_11

Can't wait

Don't forget to post some pics when you get it !

yeah, i want to see pics of the panther as well. i'm debating ordering one. $270 is great price for a leather jacket. do they say that it's 10-20 total time to get it (including shipping)? or is it 10-20 to manufacture the jacket and the shipping time on top of that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads