• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good, simple advice re: Supplements

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kennyyboy
If your an intensive athlete, no matter how great your eating habits are, you will never be able to take in enough full-range of vitamins. EVERYONE needs to take multi-vitamins. Your body will never be able to take in the sufficient amount that it needs just from the food you eat.

I'd like to see any evidence you could provide to back that up.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78
I'd like to see any evidence you could provide to back that up.

This is Body Consciousness. The de facto posting method is to base exercise science and human metabolism off of self-tested empirical evidence and cling to it zealously.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
No it doesn't. It could strain the kidneys if anything, and cycling creatine is marsupialed. Go back to the gym.

magogian12345, please beat up why. Thanks.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EVERYONE needs to take multi-vitamins. Your body will never be able to take in the sufficient amount that it needs just from the food you eat.

this would seem to be a big design flaw in the human body. how were ancestors able to make it so long with just mere food to sustain them?

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by js4design
this would seem to be a big design flaw in the human body. how were ancestors able to make it so long with just mere food to sustain them?

Health problems, short life expectancy, etc.?

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so multi-vitamins solve all that? i really think they aren't really necessary with a good balanced diet. i was going to say "the fact is" instead of "i really think" but i've done no formal research so i don't know the absolute fact either way. i just think the majority of people just dont have a good balanced diet, because that does take more time and effort than most people want to spend, hence the need for the supplement.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
This is Body Consciousness. The de facto posting method is to base exercise science and human metabolism off of self-tested empirical evidence and cling to it zealously.

Haha! Isn't that exactly what you are doing.
No. Wait. You are worse. It doesn't work on you at all and yet you stick to it no matter what.

beasty

Reaction score
ah, the inevitable beasty and why thread highjack. i'm just surprised it almost took 17 hours.

Are you dumb or what?
I made a comment on magogian12345's post.
magogian12345 replied.
Why commented on magogian12345's reply.

Why never comment on my remarks.
And the posts are all based on what magogian12345 said.
So where and what is the hijack?

Even forum 'tards like lefty and eason are in awe of your prowess.
Did you beat eason to be the school dunce in the community college you both 'graduated' from?

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
starting a post with "are you dumb or what?" goes a long way to disprove me.

and when i said highjack after 1 comment i meant that it was the start of your highjack with inane comments and bashing on why and anyone who will engage you. thanks for proving me right.

beasty

Reaction score
starting a post with "are you dumb or what?" goes a long way to disprove me.

and when i said highjack after 1 comment i meant that it was the start of your highjack with inane comments and bashing on why and anyone who will engage you. thanks for proving me right.

Not only did I start a post with that line, I go on to prove it.
Inane comments?
Are my comments about why disparaging magogian12345 incorrect?
Are my comments about how why's hysterically hypocritical post untrue?
Are my comments about how misguided are you untrue?

Thanks for proving me right about your lack of intelligence. Even the densest numbnut grudgingly admit I am right, though they refuse to post on it. You are a class of your own.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well beasty, i apologize for inferring that you highjack threads, and that they all devolve into you just calling names and deriding the intelligence of everyone else. obviously i was wrong to make make such a grossly inaccurate inference. i didn't mean to upset you, and i assure you it won't happen in the future, now that i am aware of your delicate sensibilities. hope we can put this all behind us
worship.gif

beasty

Reaction score
well beasty, i apologize for inferring that you highjack threads, and that they all devolve into you just calling names and deriding the intelligence of everyone else. obviously i was wrong to make make such a grossly inaccurate inference. i didn't mean to upset you, and i assure you it won't happen in the future, now that i am aware of your delicate sensibilities. hope we can put this all behind us
worship.gif

You richly deserve a thorough tongue lashing for disparaging others, much less me.
I would call you a moron but my genteel upbringing and my largesse of heart (comparable to my size) demands I give you a chance.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty
Are you dumb or what?

He's right.

I don't even bother reading any posts in this section once I reach the point where it's just dialog back and forth between beasty and why, which happens in about half the threads. I don't bother reading any of their posts anymore either. If I wasn't too lazy to find the ignore list, they'd be the on it.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak
He's right.

I don't even bother reading any posts in this section once I reach the point where it's just dialog back and forth between beasty and why, which happens in about half the threads. I don't bother reading any of their posts anymore either. If I wasn't too lazy to find the ignore list, they'd be the on it.

Then its your funeral baby. A cursory glance at my posts would show how incisive I am. You would notice the rest would just repeat my brilliant insights without attributing their plagiarism to me.

Viktri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your an intensive athlete, no matter how great your eating habits are, you will never be able to take in enough full-range of vitamins. EVERYONE needs to take multi-vitamins. Your body will never be able to take in the sufficient amount that it needs just from the food you eat.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads