• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

good shoes to pair with blazer and jeans

phatty123

Reaction score
So wearing a pair of blue jeans with a banana republic shirt paired with a dark midnight blazer, what shoe is the best?

Obviously its black but should it be oxfords or loafers? I have a pair of rockports shoes that are black. I am looking at Kenneth Coles shoes on ebay right now.

prozach1576

Reaction score
In general I'd stay away from Kenneth Cole...kind of chunky looking. Look for some Allen Edmonds wingtips or something.

phatty123

Reaction score
thanks. Would loafers or oxford dress shoes be better?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What kind of jeans? What kind of blazer? By this I mean the fit, fabric, color, etc. What shirts will you be wearing with them? What kind of weather?

phatty123

Reaction score
Well currently i wear Gap light blue jeans. I bought a J Crew Midnight blazer with a Banana republic light blue stretch poplin dress shirt. Fair weather including day and nighttime.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phatty123
Obviously its black ...

Actually, obviously it's not black. Given light jeans, a navy blazer and a light blue shirt you should go with brown.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
As always I think a brown Chelsea boot would be a good initial foray into dressier shoes. What is your budget like?

If not a boot, then a versatile pair of oxfords would be a good investment.

phooi

Reaction score
With that combo, black is definitely secondary to brown. I have a pair of AE Seneca in a dark brown and an old Cole Haan pebble grain split toe in honey tan that I wear with a lighter jean.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads