Good shoe repair person in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chobochobo, Sep 3, 2006.

1. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

I have a pair of JL Cheslands that need the sole and heel replacing. To whom should I entrust this task please? thanks

2. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

you could try any take them to the place i get custom shoes from i am sure they will do them for you, esp if you name drop! but they are in TST let me know if you want the address!

3. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Look for Mr. Wong on the little lane where all the cobblers are off Pedder St, Central. His number is 2522 9624.

4. John Dory

John Dory Member

Chochobo: did you end up finding a suitable cobbler to resole your JLs?

5. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

I have a pair of JL Cheslands that need the sole and heel replacing. To whom should I entrust this task please? thanks

I'd send them to John Lobb.

6. chobochobo

No, I haven't looked into the options yet. Been too busy [​IMG] The side street cobbler that I would have entrusted my unglued soles to isn't quite up to this, I think. Last time, I had a pair of Hugo Boss boots that were unglued, and he used nails which you can see on the sole - I wasn't quite expecting that [​IMG]

Thanks for the suggestions. Ref JL, I'd love to send them to the 'local' JL but I haven't come across one yet. Is there a JL shop in Hong Kong?

7. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

No, I haven't looked into the options yet. Been too busy [​IMG] The side street cobbler that I would have entrusted my unglued soles to isn't quite up to this, I think. Last time, I had a pair of Hugo Boss boots that were unglued, and he used nails which you can see on the sole - I wasn't quite expecting that [​IMG]

Thanks for the suggestions. Ref JL, I'd love to send them to the 'local' JL but I haven't come across one yet. Is there a JL shop in Hong Kong?

I'm in the same boat. I'm in the midwestern US and would have to send mine to Paris.

8. John Dory

John Dory Member

From the renovation boards on the Mandarin Hotel, it looks like a JL shop will be opening there next to Ferragamo. So perhaps you can take your JL there and they can send if off for a resole back at the JL factory (once Mandarin reopens).

9. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

your JL soles are glued? i thought JL does not cement or glue their soles.

also, for your glued boss shoes, wouldn't nails be a better substitution to a reglued sole?

just curious, thanks!

10. chobochobo

No, the Hugo Boss shoes had glued soles. That was back in the day when I thought Boss shoes were high quality [​IMG]

11. John Dory

John Dory Member

From the renovation boards on the Mandarin Hotel, it looks like a JL shop will be opening there next to Ferragamo. So perhaps you can take your JL there and they can send if off for a resole back at the JL factory (once Mandarin reopens).

Sorry, forgot to say that that's the Mandarin Hotel in Hong Kong.

12. chobochobo

These Hugo Boss's came unglued again yesterday - so they're going in the bin. I seem to derive some perverse pleasure in getting shot of my pre-enlightenment clothing purchases [​IMG]

13. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

you should burn them and make a mini movie out of it[​IMG]

14. chobochobo

Look for Mr. Wong on the little lane where all the cobblers are off Pedder St, Central. His number is 2522 9624.

Finally, I got the chance to drop my boots off with Mr Wong. The cost of resoling with new heels too is about 42 usd which isn't bad. He recognised them as Lobbs straight off which is encouraging. I'll update when I get the shoes back.

As an aside, I also dropped off a jacket for reweaving repair on the sleeve - 20usd for two small holes. Again, I'll update.

15. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

yes, give me all the shoes u dont want, i'll make a mini movie of making a perverse shoe bonfire