• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good sale on at J.Crew

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a pretty good sale on at J.Crew's website. I picked up a cashmere sweater in pine (dark green) for $50 and driving mocs for $30.
68630_GR6935.jpg
58969_BR5827.jpg

Some of the pocket squares are $10. Other assorted goodies at nice prices.
http://www.jcrew.com/content/607/bod...equestid=50198

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, got a pair of mocs and a pair of leather thongs.

58969_BR6526.jpg
68395_BR0896.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great they offer $20 off on a jacket I bought just yesterday. Anyway, against my better judgement (or my overworked Visa's wishes) I went ahead and picked up the Mocs in Mushroom. Thanks for the headsup

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yesterday i killed everything from my ebay watch list, deleted my saved searches, and took my auction sniping software off the dock. i was totally ready to go on a spending hiatus.

today, i went ahead and bought both the italian cotton and the irish linen suits at $130 each.

i knew i should have taken sf and aaac off my favorites as well....

(thanks for the heads up)
devil.gif

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Anyone know how the sizing on the mocs run?

I don't know about the mocs in particular, but my experience with J. Crew shoes is that they tend to run about 1/2 size large.

mose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Great they offer $20 off on a jacket I bought just yesterday. Anyway, against my better judgement (or my overworked Visa's wishes) I went ahead and picked up the Mocs in Mushroom. Thanks for the headsup

just contact them and request a price adjustment.

they will adjust up to 7 days after purchase...

Alfa

Reaction score
I also picked up the "mushroom" mocs and a pink oxford.

Since joining SF last week I have already ordered a Jantzen shirt, a pair of crate denim I saw in the streetwear forum using the SF discount, american apparel jackets through a member's wholesale discount and now this. SF is a dangerous thing and even worse for me than Fatwallet!

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alfa
SF is a dangerous thing

You've no idea how true that is. I certainly don't view my clothes from pre-SF days in the same way anymore. They're either: too big, too small, too long, too short, too black, too red, too mediocre, etc.,. So, one by one I find myself replacing old items even though they're still perfectly presentable.

Damn you, SF! You've doomed me to a life of dressing well.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This cotton sweater looks like it would be a real nice color for spring and cooler summer days, and it's only $9.99. Sadly, I think the medium might be a bit large for me (38-40" chest), since J Crew tends to run a bit big.

73038_GR7274.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Sadly, I think the medium might be a bit large for me (38-40" chest), since J Crew tends to run a bit big.

totally. I bought a sweater in size small last winter online and I had to take it to the tailor to bring in the sides and I'm also a 38

manifest v

Reaction score
Um... I just bought a bunch of sweaters and long-sleeve polos from the j-crew sale... how're the lengths on these sleeves like? Larges are usually baggy for me (from what I remember) with J-crew sizing... but I'm 6 foot tall and I'm scared that the sleeves will run too short.

Any 6 footers with a slim/regular body type here have experience on regular Large sleeve sizing for J-crew?

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
today, i went ahead and bought both the italian cotton and the irish linen suits at $130 each.

Nice. If they fit you, that's a great deal. For some reason, the J.Crew jackets/suits just fit me funny. I can't quite put my finger on it, but everytime I try one on in the store, it just looks weird.

Originally Posted by VersaceMan
This cotton sweater looks like it would be a real nice color for spring and cooler summer days, and it's only $9.99. Sadly, I think the medium might be a bit large for me (38-40" chest), since J Crew tends to run a bit big.

I have a similar sweater, but in a different color and style, and I don't think it runs big. In fact, recently I've noticed that their sweaters are running on the slim side. I'm skinnier than you, too.

Manifest V, did you order Tall sizes? They do offer those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads