• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good sale on at J.Crew

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by josepidal
How are these messenger bags?

70547_WV0783.jpg

I've never seen that one in the store, but every J. Crew bag I've ever seen in-store has felt exceptionally sturdy. I'd assume that one is quite similar. In fact, I would have purchased my first bag from J. Crew last week, if it had been in stock.

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
I tried medium "tailored fit" shirts (cotton, Irish linen, etc.) and they fit perfectly. But medium cashmere sweaters were too form-fitting, if anything. Large fit better for the sweaters.

Just an FYI for those who are unsure about J. Crew sizing.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're looking to pick up some of the leavings from the JCrew sale, is it better to do it now, or wait a couple more weeks for the next drop in price? I was eyeing a couple of those repp tie belts, nothing big.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Depends on how much you want them. 20% off $10 is not a huge savings, and there's a good chance the item you want won't be around by then.

At the same time, I think they were at $10 before the sale, so I doubt that they'll start to really move until they hit $6.99. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably wait, though chorse123's position makes sense as well. I guess it depends on how badly you want that tie belt.

ArtisticShowcase

Reaction score
I got an awesome pair of madras pants from the store nearest to me for $17. There were a 32 and I'm technically a 29 or 30, but they fit fine.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the driving mocs I ordered are about a half-size too big or so. They only had 10.5 when I placed my order and it looks like I would probably need a size 10. If anyone has the opposite problem and wants to trade, let me know. Otherwise I guess I'll post these up in the buying-selling forum.
confused.gif

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sabrosa
Well, it looks like the driving mocs I ordered are about a half-size too big or so. They only had 10.5 when I placed my order and it looks like I would probably need a size 10. If anyone has the opposite problem and wants to trade, let me know. Otherwise I guess I'll post these up in the buying-selling forum.
confused.gif

What size are you? I went down from a 9.5 to an 8.5 and mine fit fine. Like you, my choice was made for me, because I wanted the vicuna color.

Sabrosa

Reaction score
I'm usually a size 10.5 or 11, depending on the brand of shoe. Judging from your experience with the sizing, it does look like a 10 would be about right. There is just a bit too much extra room in the heel for my liking. I was wondering though, driving mocs are usually worn without socks, right? Or is it more of a personal preference?

On a more positive note though, the sweaters I ordered worked out quite well!

SilverSurfer

Reaction score
J Crew just added a bunch more stuff to this sale, including suede bucks now at $29.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice grab. those pants look great.

i was pretty close to getting the seersucker/critter jacket for $39, but i bought a watch yesterday so i forced myself to resist.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To add to my earlier purchases (boat shoes and swim trunks), I picked up these "workwear" canvas jean-cut pants for <$30 inc shipping. I'm hoping they'll be like a pair of genteel carhartts.
73091br6425wo9.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads