1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good sale on at J.Crew

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chorse123, Jul 11, 2006.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

There's a pretty good sale on at J.Crew's website. I picked up a cashmere sweater in pine (dark green) for $50 and driving mocs for $30.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some of the pocket squares are $10. Other assorted goodies at nice prices.
    http://www.jcrew.com/content/607/bod...equestid=50198

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

Thanks, got a pair of mocs and a pair of leather thongs.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Great they offer $20 off on a jacket I bought just yesterday. Anyway, against my better judgement (or my overworked Visa's wishes) I went ahead and picked up the Mocs in Mushroom. Thanks for the headsup

4. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

yesterday i killed everything from my ebay watch list, deleted my saved searches, and took my auction sniping software off the dock. i was totally ready to go on a spending hiatus.

today, i went ahead and bought both the italian cotton and the irish linen suits at $130 each.

i knew i should have taken sf and aaac off my favorites as well....

(thanks for the heads up) [​IMG]

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Anyone know how the sizing on the mocs run?

6. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

Anyone know how the sizing on the mocs run?

I don't know about the mocs in particular, but my experience with J. Crew shoes is that they tend to run about 1/2 size large.

7. mose

mose Active Member

Great they offer $20 off on a jacket I bought just yesterday. Anyway, against my better judgement (or my overworked Visa's wishes) I went ahead and picked up the Mocs in Mushroom. Thanks for the headsup

just contact them and request a price adjustment.

they will adjust up to 7 days after purchase...

8. Alfa

Alfa Senior member

I also picked up the "mushroom" mocs and a pink oxford.

Since joining SF last week I have already ordered a Jantzen shirt, a pair of crate denim I saw in the streetwear forum using the SF discount, american apparel jackets through a member's wholesale discount and now this. SF is a dangerous thing and even worse for me than Fatwallet!

9. cchen

cchen Senior member

must..... resist....
    great price on the cashmere sweaters

10. DNW

DNW Senior member

SF is a dangerous thing

You've no idea how true that is. I certainly don't view my clothes from pre-SF days in the same way anymore. They're either: too big, too small, too long, too short, too black, too red, too mediocre, etc.,. So, one by one I find myself replacing old items even though they're still perfectly presentable.

Damn you, SF! You've doomed me to a life of dressing well.

11. VMan

VMan Senior member

This cotton sweater looks like it would be a real nice color for spring and cooler summer days, and it's only $9.99. Sadly, I think the medium might be a bit large for me (38-40" chest), since J Crew tends to run a bit big.

[​IMG]

12. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

too black
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Sadly, I think the medium might be a bit large for me (38-40" chest), since J Crew tends to run a bit big.

totally. I bought a sweater in size small last winter online and I had to take it to the tailor to bring in the sides and I'm also a 38

14. manifest v

manifest v Senior member

Um... I just bought a bunch of sweaters and long-sleeve polos from the j-crew sale... how're the lengths on these sleeves like? Larges are usually baggy for me (from what I remember) with J-crew sizing... but I'm 6 foot tall and I'm scared that the sleeves will run too short.

Any 6 footers with a slim/regular body type here have experience on regular Large sleeve sizing for J-crew?

15. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

today, i went ahead and bought both the italian cotton and the irish linen suits at $130 each.

Nice. If they fit you, that's a great deal. For some reason, the J.Crew jackets/suits just fit me funny. I can't quite put my finger on it, but everytime I try one on in the store, it just looks weird.

This cotton sweater looks like it would be a real nice color for spring and cooler summer days, and it's only $9.99. Sadly, I think the medium might be a bit large for me (38-40" chest), since J Crew tends to run a bit big.

I have a similar sweater, but in a different color and style, and I don't think it runs big. In fact, recently I've noticed that their sweaters are running on the slim side. I'm skinnier than you, too.

Manifest V, did you order Tall sizes? They do offer those.

16. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

Chorse, I need to start ignoring your posts. They always end up costing me money.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Ha! That's great. I like those cashmere socks. Those weren't up yesterday. They've added a bunch of new stuff - mostly fall (some from last year, some new). But beware, the sale section is now final sale...

18. tiger02

tiger02 Senior member

The socks are great, and the belt is a perfect little bit of Trad for me to steal and completely desecrate. But yeah, if the driving shoes don't fit, hopefully I'll be able to find a taker here. The rest I'm not worried about.

19. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

I'm always amazed at how quickly this stuff goes. Just yesterday I was checking out the linen pants and they had a full size run. Today, nada. Oh well, could use some new swim trunks for my August vacation.

20. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

We all ordered at just the right time, too. If we'd ordered today, we wouldn't have been able to return anything that we'd bought (but we can still get price adjustments on the things that we did want). Thanks chorse [​IMG] edit: I looked for a coupon code last night, and didn't find out. I noticed one after I placed my order, though...
    edit2: Of course, that means that starting on 8/5 J. Crew will have the "Additional 25% off all Sale items" final sale. Two or three weeks after that, it'll be "Additional 40% off all Sale items" final sale. There probably won't be any coupon codes during that time. Just a heads up. [​IMG]