• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good $$ restaurants near Hilton SF Union Square?

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm staying at the Hilton Union Square Hotel in SF for a couple of days next week attending a conference. Any recommendations for good restaurants within walking distance?

I am vegetarian and particularly interested in authentic ethnic fare, esp. Lebanese, Afghan/Persian, etc. If not, a good Italian restaurant would be fine as well. I have to do an expense report, so it can't be crazy expensive - $30-40 is a reasonable upper limit, I think.
smile.gif

Thanks!

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure of any good restaurants walking distance but there is plenty of shopping in that area. You should check out Yelp for restaurants. Their HQ is in SF so they should be very helpful.

gravenimages

Reaction score
Just a little beyond walking distance from Union Square in Civic Center- http://www.anandafuara.com/ A good cheap Thai spot right off the Square is King of Thai Noodle House on O'Farrell St (between Powell St & Stockton St) next to Sketchers. Open late too.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Le Colonial would be pushing the budget, but it's not far and quite good.

Also consider Osha Thai on Geary at Leavenworth or Shalimar on Jones between Geary and O'Farrell. After either of those, you can swing by Mitchell Brother's and ask for Matt's private room.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lots of great ideas... thanks guys!

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nvm ...

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Sons & Daughters is right around there. Anyone been there?

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best food around there is if you go a little into the shady Tenderloin area and find some Indian or Pakistani. It won't max out your per diem but its where I would eat.

It might seem dangerous but its perfectly safe before 9 pm.

Actually, you could max out your per diem if you order a fish or seafood curry and also expense BYOB alcohol (most of them let you).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads