• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good red and orange ties for cheap

Reaction score
I'm looking for ties in the ~$25 range that you can get online. Two colors: Blood red, and maybe a dark yellow or dark orange color. Any recommendations?

If all I'm going to get is flimsy crap, I'd rather not even bother with it, but I'm looking for something to go with my black dress shirts

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Black dress shirts?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Black dress shirts?

rimshot.gif

videocrew

Reaction score
$25 to go with black dress shirts? I foresee nothing constructive happening in this thread.

Check out thetiebar.com. Their stuff isn't bad, it's cheap, and they have plenty of colors.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Hey GenesisMachine, before you wonder why you're being sort of mocked, I should tell you that the general consensus on this forum and in most fashion minds is that a tie should be darker than the shirt. A light tie on a dark shirt looks like someone hang a dangling penis from your neck and then spotlighted it.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Hey GenesisMachine, before you wonder why you're being sort of mocked, I should tell you that the general consensus on this forum and in most fashion minds is that a tie should be darker than the shirt. A light tie on a dark shirt looks like someone hang a dangling penis from your neck and then spotlighted it.

Hmmm... Well I don't know anything about fashion, and I'm trying to learn. But basically you're saying that instead, if anything, I should be going with a red shirt and a black tie?

Where do you get good red dress shirts for cheap?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by genesismachine
Hmmm... Well I don't know anything about fashion, and I'm trying to learn. But basically you're saying that instead, if anything, I should be going with a red shirt and a black tie? Where do you get good red dress shirts for cheap?
No... well, that would be less terrible, I guess. Why are you so stuck on the red/black thing? Take a look at the HOF: What are you wearing right now? thread at the top of the forum and check out some ideas for shirt/tie combos there.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
No... well, that would be less terrible, I guess. Why are you so stuck on the red/black thing?

I think I really look best in very bold colors. Blacks, blood red, dark orange, whites, dark blues, that sort of stuff. Black and white is also a good look for me in general, personal style I guess. Maybe I should post up a pic and have everyone critique?

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by genesismachine
I think I really look best in very bold colors. Blacks, blood red, dark orange, whites, dark blues, that sort of stuff. Black and white is also a good look for me in general, personal style I guess. Maybe I should post up a pic and have everyone critique?

Sure, give it a go. Why not a white shirt with a dark blue tie? Or a pink shirt and dark blue tie? I think both would work better than a vibrant red tie on a black shirt or vice versa.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I see someone with a black shirt I ask him to refill my drink.

nordicstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
When I see someone with a black shirt I ask him to refill my drink.

When I see someone in a blue shirt I ask him to do my taxes.

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillieBleichu