• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good quality slim-fitting casual shirts?

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seven7seven
I am 6'3" and only 165lbs
I need slim fitting button-ups
Express shirts seem to fit me fairly well
http://www.express.com/plaid-fitted-...For+Him&Mppg=0

Are there any other stores that carry similar shirts that are slim fitted that are fairly cheap and good quality? I know Express isn't the greatest quality, which is why I'm asking

Wait for a sale, then Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit. Get 3 for whatever they cost on sale. Love them. Oxford cloth, non-iron supima cotton, flannel, etc.

loreley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cioni2k
Wait for a sale, then Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit. Get 3 for whatever they cost on sale. Love them. Oxford cloth, non-iron supima cotton, flannel, etc.

BB Extra Slim is not slim at all, at least by my standards...

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by loreley

extra slim IS really slim. a 15.5 extra slim is slimmer than a large boo.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe we're talking dress shirts here or something... I am a slim dude and a size small Extra Slim Fit is definitely really slim for me. What are your standards?

mrpress

Reaction score
I might have to try a BB extra slim. What is a good price for them on sale and do they ever do free shipping? Sucks that they don't do exact measurements on the sport shirts.

loreley

Reaction score
Maybe we're talking dress shirts here or something... I am a slim dude and a size small Extra Slim Fit is definitely really slim for me. What are your standards?

I have a 34 size chest so I guess everything fits a bit big on me.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You must be super skinny.

I'm 5'10'' at 150-155 lbs, sz 30-31 waist. A 14.5x33 in BB Extra Slim is darn slim to me.

Edit: sz 34 chest would explain it. My chest measures at exactly 37 and people already think I'm malnourished.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpress
I might have to try a BB extra slim. What is a good price for them on sale and do they ever do free shipping? Sucks that they don't do exact measurements on the sport shirts.

No free shipping as far as I know but there's tons of retail stores you could walk into. And if theres something online you dont see they can order it and have a store ship for free.

For reference I am about 5'9 or 5'10, 155 pounds, wear a 15-15.5 / 32 dress shirt and the size small extra slim fit fit me great. Nice and slim

loreley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
You must be super skinny. I'm 5'10'' at 150-155 lbs, sz 30-31 waist. A 14.5x33 in BB Extra Slim is darn slim to me. Edit: sz 34 chest would explain it. My chest measures at exactly 37 and people already think I'm malnourished.
5'5" 125lbs, size 28 waist. I'm a competitive cyclist, so even at 125, most of the weight is downstairs...

mrpress

Reaction score
No free shipping as far as I know but there's tons of retail stores you could walk into. And if theres something online you dont see they can order it and have a store ship for free.

For reference I am about 5'9 or 5'10, 155 pounds, wear a 15-15.5 / 32 dress shirt and the size small extra slim fit fit me great. Nice and slim

No stores within 250 miles of me so I'd be ordering online. Thanks for the info.

yamete

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wj4
You must be super skinny.

I'm 5'10'' at 150-155 lbs, sz 30-31 waist. A 14.5x33 in BB Extra Slim is darn slim to me.

Edit: sz 34 chest would explain it. My chest measures at exactly 37 and people already think I'm malnourished.

do u know if the neck shrinks after wash?

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yamete
do u know if the neck shrinks after wash?

Not sure, I always wash mine cold and hang dry

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads