• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good price on a BB346 suit?

djlukin

Reaction score
To my understanding there is a BB factory outlet Memorial Day Sale 40% off the entire store. i am looking to possibly purchase a 346 suit. If there are any fitzgeralds shipped from retail to factory, I'd be looking to buy one. What would be a good price to get on a BB346 suit? Also... if I was to buy two (old two suits do not fit well), what would you recommend for colors/patterns (aside from the obvious navy/charcoal) Also.. sportcoats... blazers? 346. Don't exactly know what to expect and I know I am not going to get the best quality but the prices may be unbeatable if the sale is that good and then just take it over to a tailor and get some alterations.

Also.. Indochino suits (I know people have mixed feelings) are around 300, so in comparison to the price on an OTR bb346 vs a MTM Indochino, where would the money be better spent?

Any other recommendations? (JAB obviously is cheapest but the shoulders in their jackets fit me horribly)

Thanks

Saltricks

Reaction score
I bought a navy blue sportcoat from the brooks outlet for a little over 200 after discount. Add pants and that would be about 260-300. The quality of my 346 is not outstanding, but it has made a good beater sport coat, though the shoulders are a bit off. I've seen some bad stuff coming from indochino, but I think you should speak with people who have had good experiences with them.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB346 is the lowest line of BB from what I can tell, and they are generally only available in outlets. Every time I have been, the separates were priced at around $300 for the jacket, and $125 for pants. I would double your money and get the far superior 1818 suit, which any SF member can concur is decent enough considering they are under a grand.

djlukin

Reaction score
The only problem is.. money is definitely a limiting factor for me. Fit is very important, but quality is not overly important considering that I will only be wearing them a few times per year.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In that case, if quality not such an issue, pay a visit to Jos A Bank and get the best approximate fit. You could get a whole suit for under $200. It is not a quality suit, but to be frank, it is not any worse than Brooks346 line. You could also try the menswarehouse - you will like the way you look if you go by their advert on TV
lol8[1].gif

dkoernert

Reaction score
I see the outlet closest to me selling the 346 suits 2 for $499 pretty regularly. Like everyone else has said though, they aren't great. I bought a 346 blue sport coat that started falling apart pretty quick.

utexas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djlukin
The only problem is.. money is definitely a limiting factor for me. Fit is very important, but quality is not overly important considering that I will only be wearing them a few times per year.

Aren't the 346 suits made in a single cut? I don't remember seeing any options in terms of fit the last time I went to a factory outlet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads