• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good places to order mens socks from

Surreal

Reaction score
I can't find colorful socks in regular stores so I think I'll have to resort to ordering online. What good stores are there? I am not looking for cashmere or anything fancy and expensive. Just a lot of variety to choose from.

Thanks

wetnose

Reaction score
People seem to be happy with viccel.com - there's an ongoing thread about them

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Target actually has some nice patterns. Quality isn't incredible, but they're cheap.

The Viccel ones are nice. I just wish the wool/silk ones came in calf-high instead of OTC.

identity-x

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vorenus
What brand do you look for at Target?

Their house brand "Merona".

$2.50 a pair. I've saw some nice argyle sock and striped socks there a few weeks ago. Last spring they had some nice colofrful socks. Blues, purples, yellows, teals. Cool patterns too. I picked up some navy ones with yellow fishies and black ones with skulls on them.

Downside...they're thin as ****.

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by identity-x
Their house brand "Merona".

$2.50 a pair. I've saw some nice argyle sock and striped socks there a few weeks ago. Last spring they had some nice colofrful socks. Blues, purples, yellows, teals. Cool patterns too. I picked up some navy ones with yellow fishies and black ones with skulls on them.

Downside...they're thin as ****.

For colorful socks that are for cheap, Target is my place to go to. They just released a 3 pack of Classic Socks that cost only $5. Teals, Reds, Grays, Purples, Blues, and Browns. Just bought a set with red and gray as dominate colors.

Sometimes you can get them on sale for individual pairs. Bought many pairs for .62 cents. But yes, the quality is not there.... but for the price, not too shabby.

*Side note* Was in Vegas, visited the new Paul Smith store. Loved it. SA made a comment about my socks and asked if they were of Paul Smith brand from previous season(s). They were of course Merona from Target.

Raralith

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with J Crew argyle and stripped socks, Banana republic has some too but those are mid calf, and I've gotten a few cheap but reliable ones from Old Navy.

Originally Posted by Gibonius
Target actually has some nice patterns. Quality isn't incredible, but they're cheap.

The Viccel ones are nice. I just wish the wool/silk ones came in calf-high instead of OTC.

Quality is terrible. I bought a few pairs maybe 3 months ago after a post on these forums, wore them maybe 7-8 times for 6 hours, all of it spent on my butt in my office, all are worn thin and most have holes from wear. Don't even bother.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surreal
I can't find colorful socks in regular stores so I think I'll have to resort to ordering online. What good stores are there? I am not looking for cashmere or anything fancy and expensive. Just a lot of variety to choose from.

Thanks

Have you tried Nordstrom, Macys, Bloomingdales,... They always have a bunch of socks in the clearance bins. Nordstrom Rack always has Robert Talbott OTCs for like $5.

Edit- Banana Republic also has a bunch of nice socks that when on clearance can be had for a $1.

dijon

Reaction score
anyone know a good place to buy dress socks with multiple sizing?

the one-size fits all socks end up too long for me, and the heel part ends up on my ankle

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this in the mail a few days ago. Size 9US.
smile.gif
From viccel.com
socksx.jpg

Wupper

Reaction score
www.effio.eu

Great socks in great patterns for a great price. Made in Italy. They are made in the same factory on the the same machines with the same fabrics as Paul Smith socks, so ...

mdp0430

Reaction score
Just ordered a bunch of dress socks from Gold Toe's website, will report back after a few wears...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads