• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good places to order mens socks from

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by identity-x
Their house brand "Merona".

$2.50 a pair. I've saw some nice argyle sock and striped socks there a few weeks ago. Last spring they had some nice colofrful socks. Blues, purples, yellows, teals. Cool patterns too. I picked up some navy ones with yellow fishies and black ones with skulls on them.

Downside...they're thin as ****.

Picked up a few of these too. I liked the classic patterns with simple colors. Unfortunately they are all messed up after just one wash. I won't be purchasing them again.

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Surely, nowhere comes close to New&Lingwood when it comes to bright socks. You are much better off buying in person though, as all the socks are made in limited runs, and so stock changes quickly. Stay away from Duchamp, over priced rubbish in my opinion.

Yika

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
Latest batch are 70% cotton. They're fine.
Maybe 100% cotton if you sweat a lot.

how are they holding up after washing ? My socks + washer don't mix well.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They hold up great.
I have about 20 pairs.
I toss in hamper after every use.
I treat them as disposable, b/c I know there's more.
If there's a hole, I'll just toss, but that doesn't seem to happen.
I'm happy, and will continue this.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheCav
Let us know how are those. When I'll be back in LA I'll check their retail store.

One question comes to my mind....why here in the US everyone carry one-size socks? The factory need to add spandex or nylon to make it universal, so no good old 100% Fil d'Escosse...

Got my socks from sockbroker.com yesterday. I'm pretty happy with the product, the socks are tagged Vannucci Imperial, and they're 70% mercerized cotton/30% nylon. I'm just wearing my first pair today, so I can't comment on how well they hold up after being through the wash yet. I feel like I probably could have gotten a better deal if I shopped around a bit, but sockbroker.com had the best selection of colorful argyle socks that I could find.

Clark

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surreal
What can you say about http://www.sockshop.co.uk/ ?

I wanted to buy some burgundy's but it seems that British aristocrats catch them out quickly lol!

I've bought from them a number of times, and the service is great with fast shipping to Sweden at least. They carry Pringle, Pantherella and Falke amongst others.

/C

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads