• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good places to buy skinny ties in London, UK?

lsquare

Reaction score
I'm currently in London at the moment and I'm wondering if someone have any suggestions on any brands or know of a place that sells reasonably good quality skinny ties for under 100 GBP? I'm mainly aiming to get ties that are about 2.5" wide.

Thanks!

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Its not London, but I just came across a very rare NWT Tom Ford skinny tie - about 2.25" wide in a solid gloss dark eggplant. If you might be interested, PM me.

Dib

Reaction score
Dior Homme probably has ties around that width (see the concessions in Harrods and Selfirdges). I do think Dior Homme is overpriced for what it is though.

Drakes also sell a number of 7cm ties (so just a touch wider than you are looking for), so it's probably worth having a browse around the Clifford Street store if you are happy to consider 7cm ties?

Hackett have slimmed their ties down recently so a lot of them are now around 7.5cm. Although I know this is a bit wider than you are looking for, it may be worth having a browse of the flagship store on Sloane Street - whilst the quality is not what it used to be, I think it's still reasonable if you can get them on sale (when they are normally around 35 or 40 GBP).

The high street chain stores (such as H&M and Zara) will definitely have ties in the width you are looking for although the quality will be lower (as will the price).

Hope that helps.

Dib

lsquare

Reaction score

Dior Homme probably has ties around that width (see the concessions in Harrods and Selfirdges). I do think Dior Homme is overpriced for what it is though.

Drakes also sell a number of 7cm ties (so just a touch wider than you are looking for), so it's probably worth having a browse around the Clifford Street store if you are happy to consider 7cm ties?

Hackett have slimmed their ties down recently so a lot of them are now around 7.5cm. Although I know this is a bit wider than you are looking for, it may be worth having a browse of the flagship store on Sloane Street - whilst the quality is not what it used to be, I think it's still reasonable if you can get them on sale (when they are normally around 35 or 40 GBP).

The high street chain stores (such as H&M and Zara) will definitely have ties in the width you are looking for although the quality will be lower (as will the price).

Hope that helps.

Dib

Where is the best place to buy Drakes or Hackett ties? How's the quality of the ties? I'm looking for something with a bit of quality in it and I'm aware that H&M have a lot of skinny ties.

lsquare

Reaction score
Which stores would carry the largest selection of Drakes and or Hackett slim ties in London?

VelvetGreen

Reaction score

I'm currently in London at the moment and I'm wondering if someone have any suggestions on any brands or know of a place that sells reasonably good quality skinny ties for under 100 GBP? I'm mainly aiming to get ties that are about 2.5" wide.

Thanks!

Capitalism is ******* ridiculous sometimes.

dbc

Reaction score

Which stores would carry the largest selection of Drakes and or Hackett slim ties in London?

Go to Emma Willis or the Drakes store itself.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liberty of London used to do a huge range of skinny ties.

lsquare

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys!!! I have 1 week left in London and if you guys have more suggestions, then please don't hesitate and post them. I don't want to leave London with any regrets!

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Topman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics