good online shops for Canadians?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ryan123, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan123

ryan123 Senior member

2. Jared

Jared Senior member

You mean that ship to Canada or are actually located in Canada? Because the latter is not worth looking for. And as the former, have you checked which of the affiliates are willing to ship USPS?

3. ryan123

ryan123 Senior member

You mean that ship to Canada or are actually located in Canada? Because the latter is not worth looking for. And as the former, have you checked which of the affiliates are willing to ship USPS?
    the ones that ship to Canada. For those who used the affiliate sites like denim bar did you guys get charged by the customs ? Are they flexible when you ask them to declare as gift? Also how much is the shipping usually for denim bar? I think revolve is free

4. no_pseudonym

no_pseudonym Senior member

I have not ordered from Denim Bar as yet, but I've contacted Mauro and he said that they would be willing to ship via USPS.
    I don't know if they will mark it as a gift; AFAIK it is illegal to do so. However, if shipped by USPS the brokerage fee is only $5 and customs duties/taxes aren't usually very high; in fact, it's comparable to paying tax on retail items in Canada.
    If you're purchasing jeans that are made in the US or Mexico, you could ask them to note that on the customs slip so that you don't get charged duties on them (although you might still be charged GST/PST).

5. ryan123

ryan123 Senior member

I have not ordered from Denim Bar as yet, but I've contacted Mauro and he said that they would be willing to ship via USPS.
    I don't know if they will mark it as a gift; AFAIK it is illegal to do so. However, if shipped by USPS the brokerage fee is only $5 and customs duties/taxes aren't usually very high; in fact, it's comparable to paying tax on retail items in Canada.
    If you're purchasing jeans that are made in the US or Mexico, you could ask them to note that on the customs slip so that you don't get charged duties on them (although you might still be charged GST/PST).

what online store do u usually use?

6. no_pseudonym

no_pseudonym Senior member

So far only Revolve; all my other online purchases have been through ebay or the BST forums on styleforum, sufu, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.