• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good online place to buy US military surplus coats and jackets?

G18C

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of US military surplus goods, as they can be worn casually, and are usually made with decent to high quality standards. There were quite a few shops near San Diego where I used to live a few years ago but I've now moved. I'm curious if someone found a good online source with 1. High selection of sizes 2. Fast, reliable shipping 3. Good price
smile.gif

Berticus

Reaction score
I got my greatcoat:

from armynavydeals.com. Got my order in 2-3 days, don't quite remember.

I forgot where I found out the Navy's specifications on peacoats, but it eventually led me to americanmystique.com. Unfortunately they sold out on authentic pea coats, but I found out the manufacturer and ultimately ordered direct from there.

G18C

Reaction score
if that's you in the picture, the coat seems to fit you very well. Thank you for your suggestion.

Originally Posted by Berticus
I got my greatcoat:

from armynavydeals.com. Got my order in 2-3 days, don't quite remember.

I forgot where I found out the Navy's specifications on peacoats, but it eventually led me to americanmystique.com. Unfortunately they sold out on authentic pea coats, but I found out the manufacturer and ultimately ordered direct from there.

G18C

Reaction score
Actually, I just check the site and the model wears a bunch of other gears which also look good on him. That said, the site also features some models who look like prison inmates.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by LooseChange
Holy crap, that looks great on you. Ugh, damn you tall people.

Berticus

Reaction score
yeah, sorry to say, that's not me. That guy is a few inches taller than me it seems. I'm thinking about getting a size smaller for the coat. I may post pictures to see what people here think.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
both of those websites are great. thanks alot guys. probably be gonna picking up suveral jackets for <100 bucks rather than spending 400-500 on one jacket.

finch

Reaction score
Its the image right off the web site, nice coat if I do say so myself.
Originally Posted by LooseChange
Holy crap, that looks great on you. Ugh, damn you tall people.

Berticus

Reaction score
A little tip for armynavydeals.com, put 100 in the coupon code section if you don't have any other coupons. It gives you a 10% discount. I think it's something they don't say on their website, but keep an item in your shopping cart long enough, if you're registered they'll send you an email to remind you about the item idling in the shopping cart and will tell you about the coupon code. At least that's how I found about it.

Comrade Lenin

Reaction score
A second little tip for armynavydeals- Put "2008" in the coupon code box, and you get 15% off
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Berticus
A little tip for armynavydeals.com, put 100 in the coupon code section if you don't have any other coupons. It gives you a 10% discount. I think it's something they don't say on their website, but keep an item in your shopping cart long enough, if you're registered they'll send you an email to remind you about the item idling in the shopping cart and will tell you about the coupon code. At least that's how I found about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads