Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. mimo

mimo Pernicious Enabler

Maxima is a great car. I'm driving a rented PoS Lancer, have been for months. But I'm about to take the plunge on an all-American gas-guzzling SUV at some point. Or maybe a Japanese one. I did want a truck, but my SO said I can't visit her father to propose for her if I have a pickup, unless I get another car too to look respectable. And two cars seems a bit silly. *sigh* I love those big trucks...

Anyone here have an Expedition, Tahoe, Patrol, Sequoia...thoughts?

Murl - what bike?

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

3. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

So happy to live in a major city and not need to own a car.

4. TM79

TM79 Senior member

It has its perks. I don't need to drive much within the city but it's nice to not need to rely on Zip Car or rentals whenever I want to do something. Plus, I don't mind driving. Recently drove to Toronto from Boston and will be driving to Montreal next month.

5. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

I'm taking advantage of the discount @Anden posted a while ago regarding cardigans from Woolovers. I can't decide on which green to get, would thus appreciate help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Which one to choose? One day I'm leaning towards #1 and the other towards #2 depending on which mood I'm in.

6. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

Certainly look good on @Anden and @Monkeyface Would surely depend on what you're going to pair it up with? I like both when thinking how I might sport one, and if push came to shove, I'd plump for #2

7. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

This is the problem. I feel like I can sport both, depending on what I plan on pairing them with. But I also feel both may be redundant as I have a couple of other cardigans as well. I could use some of the cardigans I have in place of #2, but have nothing that would be able to replace #1.

But it's probably as you said, there's a place for both depending on the rest of the outfit. Decisions, desicions...

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014

8. Anden

Anden Senior member

I was choosing between the two and went with no 1. Forest green. Pairs great with brownish jackets and also grey. No 2 described as tweed green felt a bit limiting.

9. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Thanks. I feel like #1 goes well with brown, but I actually believe #2 will go better with brown (depending on shade and texture, of course) than #1. I'm thinking dark brown flannel for example. As for grey, definitely #1. I'm just afraid #1 will be to green-ish rather than muted. Much like the one described as "wine". It's to reddish.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014

10. Cleav

Yeah, you got me! I was a little 'on the fence' wasn't I? I'd go for #2 as it's less striking and therefore more able to match up with more. that said more striking may be order of the day to liven a fit up. I know, on the fence again...

11. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Hahaha, it's good to see a mediocre sartorial mind (mine) and a genius sartorial mind (yours) think alike. There's hope for us mortals!

12. Cleav

LOL, proof if it were needed that perceptions are exactly that, perceptions. You're too kind DR.

Buy both?

13. DonRaphael

DonRaphael Senior member

Yeah... story of my life. When in doubt - buy both. LOL! But yeah, I'll probably end up buying both :D

14. The Noodles

The Noodles Skid Fu

The Maxima is not a luxury car.
    But...
    I luv burning more expensive cars with the Maxima. I get challenged from time to time since I live off of Northern Virginia's fake autobahn. Even the coos deploy supercharged camero or some muscle cars to catch the speedsters.

15. Anden

Anden Senior member

I have the wine too. It´s not as red as in the photos. As for the greens. Buy both.