1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Claghorn, Jan 6, 2014.

1. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Anyway, I think you should feel pretty good to have a quality, full canvas suit in the closet. Going to have working buttons put in the cuff?

2. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

I think a good alterationist might be able to fix it. But don't go to just any dry cleaner/tailor. Find the best.

3. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Gucci, Nudeles?

I would wear those with suits.

1 person likes this.
  4. TweedyProf

5. TweedyProf

Jungalo, you should go ask Despos in Tailor's thread (and ask his recommendations for a good alterations tailor since he's in Chicago).

1 person likes this.
  6. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

@SpooPoker get in here. We need more Spoo in this threak. :D

The RLPLis awesome :slayer:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  7. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

The shirt I was originally wearing is a bit too long in the sleaves as I mentioned it may be exagerating the suit sleeve length. It covers most if not all of my seat I believe but like I said I have some junk in my trunk due to big boned hips. The first set of pics has a rear shot. I feel very happy out of the box with it. Very happy. I think the fabric got caught on one side in this pic but here's another pic of the rear.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure. Would that be the proper thing to do or is it just preference? What do you think about cuffing the trousers? I'm leaning towards yes due to the fabric but I'm not sure if that would make it more casual and not work with the style of the suit.
    I may just do that.

I already sent spoo a pic and thanked him. This was a nice touch for a customer to Mr. Spoo, thanks again!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

I dont really like designer brands [​IMG] but...I liked this 2 tone brown.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

um....I like ur kitchen and nice hardwood floor.

Here's a n00b's take.
    The shoulders fit well and the top button isnt' pulling at all so it fits well again.
    I guess the low button stance is unique to both RLPL and RLBL.
    Pants, besides the length, look fine but what is that wrinkle around the groin area.
    Also, what is ur usually length for pants? what size is the jacket.
    It is well fitting to my eyes...but I wonder why your legs/pants seem short.

10. TweedyProf

I would not stress about length. Working buttons are nice, but not necessary and most tailors don't want to do it unless they've made the suit. I predict most in the thread will suggest cuffs.

1 person likes this.
  11. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

+1. Working buttons are a waste of time/money. They're also known as surgeon cuffs, since surgeons had to roll up their jacket sleeves before cutting into the body. (Before the germ theory of disease was accepted)

No real modern use for them, apart from looking pretty

12. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

Everyone have a safe weekend.
    I...am gonna work out tomorrow but...today I am just gonna drink and enjoy. Cheers
    [​IMG]

13. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

fatty!

14. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Groin wrinkle lol maybe my junk or due to the pants not being ironed not sure. The camera is tilted so maybe my legs look stubby because of that or because they're unhemmed. I usually wear 42l pants 38 waist 32 length which these are a 38 with 35 inseam so there's a ton of length room. Maybe its a weird angle.

1 person likes this.
  15. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

[​IMG]
    how dare u!!!!

16. Rudals

Rudals Senior member

holy crap! 38 waist?!! You're skinnier than me! Ugh...I'll cut back on the burgers, chips, and beers. I am 31.

PS.
    Clearly I am buzzed/drunk now.

Junglethug, I am glad you are active and picking up nice stuff. But I've only seen one WAYWRN from you thus far.

17. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Senior member Dubiously Honored

jungleroller, looks like you just need to have the pants hemmed and you're ready to go. The sleeves look just about perfect.

1 person likes this.
  18. sugarbutch

I would strongly recommend against grenadines for three of your first four ties. They're relatively fragile, and you'll be wearing them very frequently. If you're looking at Hober, consider these four or similar: [​IMG] http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-dots/white-on-black-printed-pin-dot-silk-tie-1.html [​IMG] http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-printed-silk-tie-9.html [​IMG] http://www.samhober.com/macclesfield-print-silk-ties/macclesfield-silk-tie-121.html [​IMG] http://www.samhober.com/reppe-weave-solid-silk-ties/black-reppe-silk-tie.html If you think you'll wear more gray than blue suits, then swap the black pindot for a navy pindot.

1 person likes this.
  19. sugarbutch

Also, since you have time before you'll need these ties, maybe eBay can get you a lower unit cost so that you can buy a few more ties for your rotation.

20. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

^ Don't understand the whole grenadines are fragile thing. I've had some Hober grenadines that I've worn fairly often for 7 years that look fine. If you take good care of your clothes, I don't think having a number of grenadines is in any way problematic.

3 people like this.