• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
@claghorn
I will just point out some pictures of their own suits and tell them what I like about them and then go from there. I emailed Joe about the bespoke process. I will keep you guys posted.
Just email them directly. You speak Korean. Let them know I told you to do so.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No, he's a very close friend who works with them. I believe he spent a couple of years training with them as well. I'll PM you Changwoo's email.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
Oh fudge.
I was just gonna walk into b&tailor and announce that I am the Noodles. Guess that aint gonna work.

I will await the email address.

Last edited:

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
I want a pattern similar to my wedding suit remade to fit me properly with bad@ss lapels. Mmmmm

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can still walk in and announce, "I am The Noodles." In fact, please do. Does it translate well into Korean?

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I already did.
Wait, who's incontro then?
He's not b&tailor?

Incontro is their Australian fitter, a real nice guy and from what I've seen on social media from images of fittings he knows what he is talking about. Considering their full bespoke is starting around ($2200 AUD I think) what some MTM in Australia can cost there are plenty of Aus SF members lining up to try them out.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got measured up by incontro in Sydney and then ran out of money. Since then, I've frittered away enough money on bits'n'pieces to fund two bloody B&T bespoke suits. I have no restraint.

Nevertheless I am 100% fundamentally committed to going ahead with my B&T project. Just as soon as I have the cash...

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apropos of frittering money, and this is probably not the appropriate thread, but I'm really chuffed about a deal I picked up last week at a department store sale in Sydney. Chocolate brown suede wingtips from Canali. They are not an SF-favoured shoe brand, and probably not quite as sturdily made as (say) Carmina, but discounted by 60% they worked out at around half the price of an equivalent pair from the latter maker.

In the next side-by-side shot, you can see this shoe's similarity with the Carmina Rain last.

If there's a purchase bragging thread (as opposed to a thrifting brag thread, which is slightly different, no?) then I'll delete here and post there instead.

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
Kiwi, you asked a question a few days ago about why I started dressing better than I had. I had had to wear suits for a previous job and had had a bunch of ties lying around. Something about ties spoke to me (I'm an obsessive collector of things, though only one obsession at a time. In the mid-late 90s I had something like 300 CDs...a lot for a high school student....which I would then rearrange and organize every couple of months...very soothing). I joined SF to figure out how to wear ties without wearing suits (as I no longer needed to wear suits but still wanted to wear ties). And the rest is history.

@Claghorn Your story is very interesting. Thanks for that. Like yourself, I was no stranger to suits and came SF for inspiration mainly about odd jacket/trouser combinations--not so much the ties like you. You're a very quick study and have a prodigious track record here of sublime odd/jacket ensembles, including ties! Also, kudos to you for your well deserved credentials here at SF. I must say, I've learnt more about being a well dressed man in the last twenty seven "weeks" at SF than I did in preceding twenty seven "years" of buying custom made clothes in HK on my lonesome. Thanks to the collective wisdom of SF community, both past and present members, and the internet. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I came here two years ago to sell a pair of shoes.

I've bought thirty.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cam here with like 6 suits...now I just have one good one.
confused.gif

Those weren't suits. They were crap.

And you are doing the right thing.

Just be careful when you go bespoke, be certain it is exactly what you want when you begin.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I cam here with like 6 suits...now I just have one good one.
:confused:,

You came here with 6 suits that didn't look good on you. Now you have one that looks awesome, a couple crappy beaters, your wedding suit and great options to end up with suits that make you look your best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads